Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: No Compiz Panic!!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    5,716
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: No Compiz Panic!!

    Downgrading the previous versions of compiz and plugins will remove compiz , unity and ubuntu-desktop. So I would assume that the software sources and inner workings of the repositores is locking this option out by default. This may be prerequisite to prevent any interfection with current depends, however, I fail to see the logic in this at this current point - so I will attempt to to follow through with the process and see how badly it breaks this install.

    On topic.. compiz still is not panicing but 3D Windows option is still borkfurcated
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    13,185

    Re: No Compiz Panic!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Downgrading the previous versions of compiz and plugins will remove compiz , unity and ubuntu-desktop. So I would assume that the software sources and inner workings of the repositores is locking this option out by default. This may be prerequisite to prevent any interfection with current depends, however, I fail to see the logic in this at this current point - so I will attempt to to follow through with the process and see how badly it breaks this install.

    On topic.. compiz still is not panicing but 3D Windows option is still borkfurcated
    You can't use the older (pre GLES) compiz in 13.04 or 12.10

    As far as the plugins still in the source but not available, they fall into 2 types -
    These won't build let alone work without a re-write
    # temporarily disable plugins that aren't ported yed
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_ANIMATIONADDON ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_BICUBIC ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_BLUR ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_COLORFILTER ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_CUBEADDON ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_GEARS ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_GROUP ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_LOGINOUT ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_REFLEX ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_THUMBNAIL ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_STACKSWITCH ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_WALLPAPER ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_TRIP ON)
    These would likely build but won't work correctly or at all
    # disable plugins which won't work on ES2 builds
    if (BUILD_GLES)

    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_TD ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_COLORFILTER ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_MBLUR ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_BENCH ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_FIREPAINT ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_SHOWREPAINT ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_WIDGET ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_SHOWMOUSE ON)
    set (COMPIZ_DISABLE_PLUGIN_SPLASH ON)
    That's just the way it is & will be.
    Plugins in the compiz-plugins package do work but if they break then fixing will be slow at best..

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    5,716
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: No Compiz Panic!!

    From:

    http://gatt.is/2011/10/10/porting-op...opengl-es-2-0/

    "
    OpenGL ES 2.0 also doesn’t do our matrix homework for us, so we have to write all the linear algebra to get the modelview, projection, and texture matrices in a form we can pass to our programmed shader. I won’t go into details on how to do this, but you can find most of the OpenGL 1.0 functions like glPushMatrix, glPopMatrix, glMultMatrix, glTranslatef, glRotatef, glOrthof, etc implemented in milkshake.js."


    It's sad that nobody though of building a converter to do the vertex transformations from open GL or perhaps it not that simple.

    Thanks mac4man
    Last edited by ventrical; December 5th, 2012 at 07:32 PM.
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    5,716
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: No Compiz Panic!!

    I tried to install the glmark2-es2 package and the library needs a ppa so it will not install unless you install the ppa. seeing that this would not provide any progress to current situation, I aborted that test.
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Beans
    2,893
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: No Compiz Panic!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    From:

    http://gatt.is/2011/10/10/porting-op...opengl-es-2-0/

    "
    OpenGL ES 2.0 also doesn’t do our matrix homework for us, so we have to write all the linear algebra to get the modelview, projection, and texture matrices in a form we can pass to our programmed shader. I won’t go into details on how to do this, but you can find most of the OpenGL 1.0 functions like glPushMatrix, glPopMatrix, glMultMatrix, glTranslatef, glRotatef, glOrthof, etc implemented in milkshake.js."


    It's sad that nobody though of building a converter to do the vertex transformations from open GL or perhaps it not that simple.

    Thanks mac4man
    http://glm.g-truc.net/ would beg to differ.

    I've used GLM for my own GL projects; it does everything you have have missed from classic-GL (projection, gluLookAt, etc) and more.

    The matrix math itself isn't all that difficult to figure out in any case; there's a pretty standard 4d-projection matrix setup you can find all over the internet.
    Last edited by jpeddicord; December 6th, 2012 at 03:52 AM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    5,716
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: No Compiz Panic!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jpeddicord View Post
    http://glm.g-truc.net/ would beg to differ.

    I've used GLM for my own GL projects; it does everything you have have missed from classic-GL (projection, gluLookAt, etc) and more.

    The matrix math itself isn't all that difficult to figure out in any case; there's a pretty standard 4d-projection matrix setup you can find all over the internet.
    Thanks jpeddicord.

    I used to do my own graphics in 1990 using the LINE command in GWBASIC.! lol

    Part of it is learning some of the new scripts. It would take some time. However I think there are probably some other methods (which I will explore) that may not be so painstaking.
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    5,716
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: No Compiz Panic!!

    Across the board compiz updates does nothing really to fix 3D windows effect.
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •