Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Music-Manager issue after 12.10 upgrade

Beans

Re: Google Music-Manager issue after 12.10 upgrade

I'm using the same one and Linux Mint 14

Beans

same here.

what window managers and architectures are others using?

i'm on Unity and 32-bit.. i'll try insalling another WM when i'm at home and see if that changes anything but i the only main difference i can see is that the only person with it running in this thread is running 64-bit..

Beans

I'm on 64 bit Mint 14 with Cinnamon, I'll try the MATE version now

Beans

Right, same problem but I think I have a fix - uninstall the music manager. Go into ~/.config and delete the google-music-manager directory then install the package all over again, when the first run wizard begins, click upload and choose an empty directory, go through all the error messages (less than 10 files found, etc) and then once that it done and the icon is in the tray, clicking on it should work. Let me know if this works for you. Regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Did delete the config file after uninstall. Seemed to act as a new install but got stuck on the login screen. Other issues for me are access to internet is blocked, no firefox or chrome after attempt to run. this occurs even after force quitting music manager. When loading music manager using the software center it tells me that it is a bad file. This is the same after trying several different downloads from google. Haven't done clean install yet. is previous clean install still working?

Never go back....

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by notthenewsreader View Post
    Right, same problem but I think I have a fix - uninstall the music manager. Go into ~/.config and delete the google-music-manager directory then install the package all over again, when the first run wizard begins, click upload and choose an empty directory, go through all the error messages (less than 10 files found, etc) and then once that it done and the icon is in the tray, clicking on it should work. Let me know if this works for you. Regards
    i have just tried this method and con confirm that, For me, it worked and i can now upload to google music again..

i removed with Purge, removed the files from .config folder and reinstalled.

Thanks for the help matey..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by notthenewsreader View Post

This worked for me as well on Mint 14 MATE. Thanks for the steps to get this done. I uninstalled through the Software Manager, oddly it didn't fully complete, it got stuck at 99% and then hung. WHen I launched it again, music manager was still an option to install, but when I clicked it it hung the software manager again. I reinstalled the package and it works fine now following your steps.

Thanks for posting this, much appreciated

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

The bug I experienced was having the "Upload" menu item missing and the "Options" item not doing anything. Reinstalling from the PPA changed nothing, but deleting the config folder worked, and the sync is running. However, it's presently uploading all of my files, instead of syncing directly (although it does not seem to be creating duplicates in the web player.)

Edit: And on the Android-end, it's re-syncing all the locally-stored tracks that are being overwritten. Google is reloading my entire library, twice, so I can move one song to my tablet. Removing the config folder works, but it's not ideal. = P
    Last edited by Copper Bezel; December 19th, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Very similar problem. Clean install of 12.10 (with Unity). I'm not uploading though, just downloading my library to the new computer. Checking network traffic and the size of my music folder seems to indicate that it is, in fact, working as needed, except I can't access options either (I click it and there is no response). Haven't tried install from PPA yet. Will try that as soon as the download finishes.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I'm having this issue as well and, all due respect to those who propose this workaround (which is better than nothing), deleting the config files really isn't a solution - certainly not a long-term one - since doing so only really starts the process over again. I delete my config file and it will just let me start syncing over once - what I really want to do is download new songs I've recently purchased and I'd like to be able to open the app, go to settings, and ask it to download again when that happens - not delete the config file, log in and have it download the entire library (or even just my purchased music) when all I really want is to download one album. Does anyone know what the problem is and what's causing music manager to not work? I've encountered this in every DE there is - including Unity, GNOME and KDE. It's discouraging.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast