Thread: Triple boot works with ubuntu on primary partition but not on extented partition!!?

Beans

Question Triple boot works with ubuntu on primary partition but not on extented partition!!?

Hi Guys,

I am back again with different problem. Now it is about partitions that are working on triple boot.

First I had my acer aspire with stock windows 7 on it, from there I installed mac OS X to other partition and dual booted with chameleon boot loader successfully.

Now then I installed ubuntu 12.04LTS to unallocated space shrinked from windows 7 in which I created extended partition with "/", "/home" & "/swap" and then installed ubuntu successfully.

From here onwards when I booted from my hard disk the Grub boot loader comes up which was easy to dual boot windows 7 and Ubuntu but not OS X. During install I did select Linux root for grub to install.

So now I tried the same thing by deleting extented partitions and creating only one primary partition for "/" root which it helped me in booting all the three OSs from chameleon.As the reason behind is chameleon can only read primary partitions.

However I am happy with it but still I have some strange feeling that I may get any problems in future with physical memory or any other issues in Ubuntu.As if I may go for installing some high end design applications to use in future without making any "/swap"or "/home" partitions.

So Im just wondering is there any solution to get out of it like changing bootloaders which are able to read extended partitions or linking bootloaders etc. At the same time I don't want to use Grub as my boot loader.It has boring design.

Chameleon has got best themes.

Any help?.

Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Triple boot works with ubuntu on primary partition but not on extented partition!

We cannot help as it is a violation of Forum Rules that you agreed to. If you want help with Ubuntu or dual booting a Mac or legal Windows install the forum will be glad to help.

Hackintosh/Apple EULA violation.
    We do not support circumventing TOS, EULA, etc here. Such threads will be closed and offending users will be penalized with infractions and warnings.

For more information, please see the forum policy: http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy. If you believe this was made in error, please post in the Resolution Center, which you can find in the previous link.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.