Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: raring live amd64 session will not allow desktop background to be changed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: raring live amd64 session will not allow desktop background to be changed

Ok.. todays daily Nov.28th(27) the problem is solved - ubiquity also solved. Booted up great here.

So I will mark this thread as solved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: raring live amd64 session will not allow desktop background to be changed

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    I can tell you the state of the daily amd64 images for 26th and 27th on my machine.

The live session breaks down during the second purple screen when Casper brings up Busybox with the message:

I have not found an existing bug report for this. I have learnt how to add 'debug' to the boot parameters and I am now learning how to save log files from a broken live session to my hard disk to include in a bug report. And I am failing.

"Learning all to time!"

Oh. In messing around with this issue I have noticed that Nautilus 3.6.3 in Raring does not detect CD/DVDs.

Regards.
    I don't use 'perisistve' casper very much
    anymore. Try 'discard on exit' option and see how that works. There have been problems with casper since natty I think.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ uname -a
    Linux ubuntu 3.7.0-4-generic #12-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 27 23:13:21 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$
    Last edited by ventrical; November 28th, 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12