Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Microsoft continues to make life difficult for Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Microsoft continues to make life difficult for Linux

Quote Originally Posted by weasel fierce View Post
    I think the point is more that this is a company that has proven to be very willing to extinguish competition by any means possible, that has been sued over and over for anti-trust violations and that has been extremely willing to lie and deceive.

This is like trusting your alcoholic friend to not throw up on your carpet this time. Honestly, he swears.

Precisely!!!

Beans

Yeah windows is trying to brush Linux under the rug before everyone knows about it just look at there store like the guys at steam said and so did notch windows is heading down the dark path of a closed source closed platform OS yet no one notices apart from none windows user? and have you seen how <censored> the desktop looks even the gnome and unity user who hate the other's GUI can't help but laugh at windows 8s thing, what's it called? windows is heading for oblivion I think and the going out in a horrible blue screen of chaos.

Beans

I can't believe no one thought of the real reason for changing from BIOS to UEFI, and that is to force people to upgrade software.

Now what they will tell you this is for is for "security" but in realality it is because newer versions add certain "features" so they can spam you with advertising, and in Microsoft's case they also spy on everything you do. Google spys on you too, but at least they tell you about most of it.

The simple fact is security is better if everyone uses something different, as one bug can't infect all the differing software packages.

Right now lots of people are using old machines with old software, what they want is for you to throw out the old PC, software and all, and buy a new one.
    Microsoft has been playing this game for a while now with requiring computer sellers to put the COA on the machine rather than giving it to you with the software disks. And all the later games with authenticating windows, and them forcing you to reauthenticate windows everytime you look at the machine cockeyed.

They want everyone to have the same "features' available, so everyone sees the new craptastic advertising.

As others have said Linux isn't big enough on home PC's for them to worry too much about.

You notice every time you turn around there is a new browser version and you will also notice each of these new browser versions even in Firefox these days, breaks APP's like Adblock.

You will also notice web sites try to force you to update flash all the time, and java all the time and ....

And what happens each time? Yep, some new advertising crap gets threw your AD blocking software.

I wouldn't have the AD block software if the AD's were not insane, popups popdowns, popovers, .......... Its nuts. I never minded a side bar, or a header, or footer AD, but when the crap came out I started finding APP's to remove the crap.

I can also guarantee if Google wants to put Android on a PC of any type even with UEFI they will have no problem doing it.

Now there is also some of the big computer company's who don't like people buying $3 dollar cards when they try to sell you a card with the same chips on it for $50, and these guys may try to add the "feature" to mother boards that only authorized cards will work. They would get sued, but it takes big bucks to win, and many times even if you win, you really have lost anyhow, as it costs so much.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345