So, I've read hundreds of post and pages and pages of websites on all the issues surrounding the installation of the dual boot with Win 8 and ubuntu 12.10.
What is the correct procedure and or path to take in completing this task?
Secure boot Disable to not? GRUB2 is not affected?
Partitions all primary in UEFI?
Legacy mode go to UEFI?
What type of partition ext4 or ext3
Dual boot and hibernation mode, losing information and or not really shutting down windows.
1. Shrink windows partition with windows disk management, to allow room for ubuntu. Reboot windows several times.
2. Download Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit version and create start up media (either CD, USB etc...)
3. Boot from media ie USB or CD and choose try ubuntu without installing
4. Use Gparted to create two partitions one for mount / and the other for swap
a. The one for mount is the ubuntu partition. Primary, EXT4
b. the swap is for the swap and choose that as an option primary, ext4
5. Now choose install ubuntu
6. choose the something else option instead of along side windows or the other options.
7. On the next screen choose the partition to install ubuntu, the one from step 4a above.
8. You should see the screen and your in ubuntu.
Not sure what to do about secure boot, or some of the other issues. Anyone want to elaborate on the steps above and or change them. I think we need to get some directions and work off of that, instead of searching all the websites and wiki's etc....