I just recently purchased a Gateway DX4870-UB318 Desktop. It has Windows 8 running on it with 1TB hard drive, 8 GB RAM and an i5 and I am trying to install Ubuntu 12.10 as a dual boot option.

I tried using the Wubi installer but it complained I was missing a file, so I put it onto a USB and installed it that way. Everything seemed to go OK, however it did not detect that I had Windows 8 installed during installation but instead said that 'No operating systems were detected...'. I decided to just partition the hard drive myself and after partitioning and installing Ubuntu 12.10 I restarted the computer when prompted. When everything rebooted it went straight to Windows 8 and I cannot get Ubuntu to boot at all.

I downloaded EasyBCD for Windows 8 and it finds my Ubuntu partition. When I set that Ubuntu as the 'default' in the 'Edit Boot Menu' and reboot, it prompts me what OS I want to start with but the only option is Windows 8.

I've been trying to get this installed for a couple days now and any help would be much appreciated!