Thread: Issues with 12.10 iso

Beans

Question Issues with 12.10 iso

Hi guys, first post here!
    Anyway
    I've been fiddling with ubuntu on and off since roughly version 6, and have never really had any problems with writing the installation disc iso to a USB stick, until now.

I use (and always have used) ultraiso to make a bootable usb, but with the x64 version of 12.10 it just doesn't seem to be working right.
    When I load the .iso in ultraiso instead of the usual, it only seems to open part of it.
    Screenshots ahoy!

So here's what happens when I open the 32 bit iso.

Everything's fine, just as it has been for years and I just write bootable image to disk, sorted.

But when I open the 64 bit iso...

Only appears to be a single folder there, and it isn't very big, not nearly big enough
    This is different to every other time i've opened an Ubuntu iso regardless of the version or architecture it's for.

YES i'm running an x64 machine, YES I downloaded it from the official Ubuntu site, YES the 12.04LTS x64 iso works normally and NO i'm not just installing that and then updating to 12.10, as I don't have 2 or 3 hours to kill.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've had so much trouble with this specific iso and i've tried multiple other disk writing softwares but its just this one ISO that doesn't work. I've tried downloading it on other machines and from the torrent link and every single one just doesn't seem to work.

Cheers

ps. doesn't show up as 3Kb in explorer either

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Issues with 12.10 iso

Did you verify the MD5 checksum? https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

Beans

Re: Issues with 12.10 iso

Torrent is safest way to download.As not found suggested check md5sum (I know this sound trivial).Maybe you can try Multisystem.
    There is no greater religion than a truth.