Thread: 12.04.1

Beans

A new download of 12.04.1 and still have the same problems, ie, Firestarter will not start (the device wlan0 is not ready and Failed to open System log) and when I go to help, it say's: youe firefox profile can't be loaded./ And I can't get to the Firefox homepage browser only the start page... this is the 3rd
    time I downloaded 12.04 and the problems are always the same!! WTH am I missing ??
    Last edited by overdrank; November 21st, 2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: please use default font

Beans

Re: 12.04.1

Welcome to the forums!

Downloading the same thing over and over and getting identical results is... predictable.

Suggest you start a new thread, with a descriptive title, for each of your problems/questions.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Why do you want firestarter to run at bootup, and why firestarter, which I believe is now deprecated in ubuntu and replaced by ufw or gufw.

Firestarter is not a firewall in itself, but merely a way to configure iptables, the real firewall of ubuntu. There is unlikely to be a good reason to run firestarter or ufw/gufw every time you boot the machine.

Beans

Thanks ajgreeny, for the (gufw) I tried ufw and got all the problem's the gufw fixed it!

Beans

This post has been Solved!! / how come they don't have a button for that here ?? SOLVED thank you very much!.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by paulmeeks2004 View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"how come they don't have a button for that here ??[/COLOR]
    Youĺl find the option under 'Thread Tools'...
    I'm thinking about it