Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Device Choices

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Mobile Device Choices

Hi,

I currently have a HTC Desire, which i am hopefully going to upgrade to a Galaxy S2, in the very near future.
    I also have a 16gb 2nd Gen ipod
    A 32gb HP Touchpad
    A Kindle with no keyboard or touch screen
    And A HP Touchsmart Tm2 1010ea

Im considering grabbing a 64gb blackberry playbook for £129. Which i think seems like a very good price. I know that andoid apps can be played on it which is a hug bonus plus ive found a guy who has run ios apps on it, which is pretty cool.

My Question is should i get the playbook and do you have any uses for it or any of my tech. I did think of getting a sports armband for my HTC then use it like orion's computer out of Chuck.

Also if i had the money i would buy a Fully rugged getac laptop with an intel i7 2.66ghz (dont know wat gen) 8gb, 15.6" screen nvidia 330m 1gb graphics, 1tb HDD and its also touchscreen.

I am grateful for any help in my dilema

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Mobile Device Choices

Quote Originally Posted by ads2996 View Post
    My Question is should i get the playbook and do you have any uses for it or any of my tech.
    The question should be, do you have any uses for your tech? The same goes for the playbook. Do you plan on using it or will it be amusing for a little while then find its way into a drawer with other gadgets?

Beans
    Distro

Well i do use all my tech every day,except my iPod because it is just to cumbersome for me to put music on and the battery life is shocking because its so old.
    I use my kindle for reading everyday and my laptop for playing games and my homework. I use my tablet for web surfing reading pdfs, playing games and for emails.
    My phone obviously used as a phone as well as brief web research and music. if i were to upgrade then my Desire would be used as a music player and for games.
    My reasoning behind the playbook is that i can take it more places because it is smaller and therefore more portable. ^$gb would be more than enough for movies and TV shows plus i could also stream from my home server.

Beans
    Hidden!

Sounds to me that you should get it then

Beans
    Distro

OK, thank you for all your help will most likely get the Playbook when I get the money together. And I'll be waiting patiently for someone to port a android to it.

Beans
    Hidden!

For what its worth, if I had to have a tablet I would get myself a Nexus 7. Seems to be the perfect fit for me

Beans
    Distro

I did look at the Nexus 7 but it didn't have as large a memory plus a rear facing camera. Also it was dearer than the playbook

Beans

Get the Galaxy Note 2 best combo out there and best smart phone, see what I mean "jelly bean"

Beans
    Distro

I have looked at the galaxy note 2, but i think its just too big, i would like to get the galaxy s3 for Christmas. Though its really expensive so i probably wont end up getting it but fingers crossed.

Beans

Fits in my jeans front pocket as well a polo shirt pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast