Thread: No ping from lubuntu

Beans

No ping from lubuntu

Hi Everybody.

I have a laptop with lubuntu 12.04 installed.
    My problem is that when lubuntu has started and wireless connection has been established then after a while I received no replied doing ping to this laptop (from a ubuntu PC or Windows XP PC)
    Amazingly, if from the laptop I first ping to one of the other machines then the laptop replies correctly to the ping of the machine that previously has been pinged.

Any idea?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Smile Re: No ping from lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by migmam View Post
    Hi Everybody.

I have a laptop with lubuntu 12.04 installed.
    My problem is that when lubuntu has started and wireless connection has been established then after a while I received no replied doing ping to this laptop (from a ubuntu PC or Windows XP PC)
    Amazingly, if from the laptop I first ping to one of the other machines then the laptop replies correctly to the ping of the machine that previously has been pinged.

Any idea?
    If you want to analyse this problem, I'd start by creating a LiveCD or LiveUSB for Lubuntu 12.04 and see if your computer behaves the same way.

If this runs OK, then its something to do with your install, or maybe additional packages or modifications that you have made after install.

If it doesn't run OK, I'd try connecting your laptop direct to your Ubuntu computer using a network cross-over cable. This will check for anything odd on your network/router.

Finally I'd suggest you read my notes here: http://captainbodgit.blogspot.co.uk/...-win7-and.html
    ...as Lubuntu needs additional packages for full networking.