Thread: Ubuntu networking problems - maybe firewall or else?

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ubuntu networking problems - maybe firewall or else?

Hi there,

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 x64 on my Work laptop. I have installed Outlook 2007 with CrossOver. But when i run first config wizard it cant find the exchange server. (It can on Windoz7x64). So i was thinking maybe i can connect with Hamachi to my Home PC running Ubuntu 10.04 x64. But hamachi at work cant login. (On Windoz 7 x64 it does). First i got an explanation from a helpdesker from central administration that it would be related to wrong mailserver config. But now its with hamachi and they havent replied yet to my email with a question if some ports are blocked or not.

So seeing that both Outlook 2007 and Hamachi working and then same things not working on Ubuntu. I wondered couldnt it be that it has to do with Firewall or some other config i need to change?

Thanks in advance,
    Nikolai
    The truth will set you free!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu networking problems - maybe firewall or else?

i installed firewall configurator and allowed ports: 443, 12975, 32976, 17771. Nothing changes.

Beans

are you connecting to the exchange server using the server name or by using its IP address. Try using the IP address as the server name in outlook.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

thank you very much, you are the man!

p.s. Now i remember that there were some DNS issues in the network sometimes. How i didnt think of it.