Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robin Hood enters the Ubunto Software Center

Beans

Robin Hood enters the Ubunto Software Center

Runesoft have recently announced that some of their older titles will be availble via Digital portals in the next couple of weeks. After Airline Tycoon Deluxe was first, now "Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood" has entered the Ubuntu Software Center.

If you are into Tactical Startegy games like Commandos, this one is for you. The game was originally developed by Spellbound, who also made the famous "Desperados".

Check out the game here:

https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/robin-hood/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Robin Hood enters the Ubunto Software Center

Great news! I knew it was going to land in USC, so I was waiting for it.

Beans

Nice!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I saw this on Desura, and it looked pretty nice. I'm thinking about getting it. Now that I've gotten paid I'm going to get Amnesia: The Dark Descent...
    Linux Gamer.
    Steam: rudeboyskunk
    Desura: rudeboyskunk
    Add me as a friend. Kill zombies/aliens/nazis with me. ON LINUX.

Beans
    Hidden!

Great news.
    Glad to hear it's in the {Ubunto} software center.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

It's really kewl that Runesoft has gone the extra mile to update there games and release them on the Software Centre.
    I personally feel though that it should be Canonical's duty to try and get as many retail games on the Ubuntu Software Centre as possible, especially the older ones.

I so badly want a decent city builder on Linux, and the only one I know of is SimCity 3000, so if I could get that on a modern Linux version, that would be great.
    Then there's also SOF, Quake 4, Doom 3, Medal of Honour Allied Assault etc...
    I don't know of any place where I can buy any of these games anymore, and all these games available in one place would simply be great.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo9 View Post
    I so badly want a decent city builder on Linux, and the only one I know of is SimCity 3000, so if I could get that on a modern Linux version, that would be great.
    Then there's also SOF, Quake 4, Doom 3, Medal of Honour Allied Assault etc...
    I don't know of any place where I can buy any of these games anymore, and all these games available in one place would simply be great.
    SimCity 3000 and sof were ported to Linux by Loki software, but this company was closed:

" At around this time I got the news that we had all been expecting. Loki was going out of business. I immediately contacted Loki, and asked them if LGP could obtain the rights to carry on producing the games they had made. This would have been a great boost to the new company, and would have allowed us to keep on making the games that were still in great demand by Linux gamers. Unfortunately Scott, the CEO of Loki at the time, was asking for such a ludicrous amount of money for the licenses (way more than they were possibly worth, and probably more money than the games had made by selling for the entire history of Loki) that I had to let the idea go. We made a second attempt at the liquidation of Loki to acquire the rights, but the company handling the liquidation was so unprofessional, that they made it impossible to do so. With their policy being that the only way for me to officially state our interest being to fax them, and their only fax machine being broken for over 2 months (they kept telling us it would be fixed any day), we didn’t really have a hope. The liquidation hearing came and went before they contacted me, several months later, and acknowledged LGP’s interest in the liquidation. Not a lot of use really."

"also managed to pick up the rights to Mindrover, one of the Loki games we had missed out on earlier."

http://blog.linuxgamepublishing.com/...he-early-days/

Id software is a linux unfriendly company and They will probably don't planning sell their games in USC. They released only three official games for Linux - Quake 1, Quake 2 and Quake 3, but that was many years ago.

MOHAA was ported to Linux by Icculus, but that is unofficial version.
    Last edited by mateo14; November 28th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by mateo14 View Post

Id software is a linux unfriendly company and They will probably don't planning sell their games in USC. They released only three official games for Linux - Quake 1, Quake 2 and Quake 3, but that was many years ago.
    Quake 4, Doom 3 and Quake Wars were all released as well.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by weasel fierce View Post
    Quake 4, Doom 3 and Quake Wars were all released as well.
    This is not exactly true.

That were unofficial games for Linux, which required versions for Windows.

Quake 1 Linux:

http://www.amazon.com/Quake-The-Offe.../dp/B00001O36L

Quake 2 Linux

http://www.amazon.com/Quake-2-Colossus-Pc/dp/B00001OHEO

Quake 3 Linux:

http://www.amazon.com/Quake-3-Arena-Pc/dp/B000046Q56

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I guess it depends on what you consider unofficial. You had to download the installer from the ID software site, but I don't really see what the fuss is there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast