Thread: Ubuntu12.04 LTS Flash Issues

Beans

Ubuntu12.04 LTS Flash Issues

Hi there.

I am currently experiencing extremely annoying error with Flash within Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit on a Fujitsu Lifebook A Series with 4 gigs of RAM. It has an Intel i3 Core processor. Yeah, I know this isn't the greatest of computing set ups, but still, watching youtube footage shouldn't present the machine with too much of a problem (after all, I'm not having these issues on my tiny, under-powered netbook) - and yet it clearly is!

Opening an instance of the Flashplayer will eventually cause Unity, and indeed any other desktop environment I choose, to become jerky, slow and unresponsive. As already mentioned, video becomes unwatchable and choppy, and multitasking becomes impossible as the system becomes extremely slow. I can't even listen to a webcast whilst playing OpenTTD any more as, in moments of beginning play, the game's graphics refuse to update at a decent pace! Once Flash is closed, the problem remedies itself.

I've tried many things listed in these forums in an attempt to fix the issue but I am still not having any luck. I have: turned on restricted extras; installed Flash-aid; attempted to use the older drivers located at the Adobe website; turned off hardware acceleration in Flash Settings; tried Chrome; as well as many more things besides with each method being as unsuccessful as the last.

The weird thing is, I didn't have a single problem at all until about 3-4 weeks ago.

I'm utterly perplexed and so I thought I'd throw it out here. Does anybody have any ideas as to what could possibly be wrong and how to fix it?
    Last edited by damnedgentleman; November 28th, 2012 at 01:40 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Ubuntu12.04 LTS Flash Issues

what version of flash are you running?
    Dont go past 11.2

With google chrome browser, you get to use a different flash called pepper of version 11.5