Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THQ games (metro 2033, red faction etc) in a humble bundle!

Beans

THQ games (metro 2033, red faction etc) in a humble bundle!

Thanks to some Anonymous person finding the news, it looks like a THQ Humble Bundle is coming for us!

Linky-> http://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.p...probably.1454/

This is all thanks to the efforts of Valve, Humble and all the indie devs out there showing Linux is worth it!

Spread the good work Linux gamers!

Beans

Re: THQ games (metro 2033, red faction etc) in a humble bundle!

Wait, you just said it was going to be windows exclusive...wow. WTG Humble....
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Those games suck anyhow.

Beans

So is Metro 2033 coming to Linux or not?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by desktorp View Post
    Those games suck anyhow.
    Please, don't troll. The main problem is that this is not an indie bundle.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by R33D3M33R View Post
    Please, don't troll. The main problem is that this is not an indie bundle.

My analysis may have been curt, but it was not trolling. Seemingly inappropriate statements of frivolity should not be confused with a disingenuous attitude.

Forgive me for digressing, but when Charlie Bucket speculated, "I bet the Golden Tickets make the chocolate taste terrible.." He was attempting to add humor to a disheartening situation. Had he been speaking from experience, he simply would have stated, "The Golden Tickets make the chocolate taste terrible." I doubt Grandpa Joe would accuse him of trolling.

Since I have played all of the games in question, I don't have to substitute my opinion with speculation. So, if you want to accuse me of having poor taste or of spewing an unfair generalization- that's fine. However if you still want to accuse someone of trolling, it should probably be ELD, for failing to correct the original message, which was presumptuously predicated upon false information.

In my humbly independent opinion, the reason that these bundles are even slightly relevant to Linux users, is because they've generally been described as "cross-platform" titles and not because the producers can be defined as "indie" (which is, at best, a decreasingly effective marketing term..) If THQ had offered Linux compatibility, do you really believe that anyone but the most hardcore spoilsports would be complaining about a lack of indie-purity?

Just wanted to clear that up before the thread was locked.

Beans

I don't quite get what you're saying there desktorp, but it seems that your inital post about the games being bad was just a joke on your behalf along the lines of "sour grapes".

In any event, I do agree: I don't think people here are so much concerned that the bundle isn't indie, it's that the HIB guys are stopping Linux support and that's obviously an issue most of us here feel strongly about.

To answer Zeven's question, it's hard to get a clear answer but it doesn't look like Metro 2033 is coming to Linux. It will become clear when the THQ Bundle is launched though.

Beans

Well, the THQ bundle had launched. It is Windows-only and Steam-only. So are gone the days of the HIB team promoting DRM-free and multi-platforms games.

Beans

Indeed they have gone way down in my books for this.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ELD View Post
    Indeed they have gone way down in my books for this.
    Yes and no.

I would love to see the love that Linux fans have shown towards the Humble Bundle be paid back by making sure we can continue to share in the releases... but on the other hand, a company only making Windows games wants in on the action (THQ), having them onboard can still generate a lot of revenue for the charities the HB supports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast