Thread: Wireless networks Won't Log On

Beans

Wireless networks Won't Log On

Hi. I have loaded Ubuntu onto a new hard-drive ( I am logged in on my old one ). I have a Belkin wireless USB receiver. And a UPC wireless modem. The UsB is connected and is recognized on Ubuntu...But Ubuntu will not find any wireless networks???.....UPC use WAP security, if that is of any baring???.....It was suggested i open a terminal session and type lshw -C network...... This took my quite a while to figure out how to do.....But i got it eventually. There's a ton of stuff comes up. I can't copy and paste because i have to keep changing hard drives...It says i should run it as a "super user" ....A separate window did open up with the Modem name asking for authentication . I put in the correct password. The box disappears for like 30 seconds and comes back asking again.
    Description : wireless interface
    Physical : is 2
    Bus info : usb@1.3
    Logical : Wlan@
    ......Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please bare in mind, i have never used Ubuntu before & i am a VERY basic Desk top user,so "Idiot" terminology would would be useful if that suits........Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Wireless networks Won't Log On

Thread closed. Please do not post duplicates, it dilutes community effort.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2085959