Thread: Gnucash Manual

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Gnucash Manual

Does anyone know where I can find a current Gnucash manual? I have the sense that the tutorial that comes with v2.4 is a little behind. When you get to the part about entering transactions, nothing matches the text. At least not the part about split transactions. Entering splits by using the tutorial is also pretty hinky.

JC

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Gnucash Manual

You may already have found this, but here you go, just in case it escaped from you.
    http://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?doc=help
    This seems to be for v2.4, but could be the one you are talking about as being a bit behind. I don't use gnucash, so have no idea if it's up to date or not.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro

Unfortunately that is the help file from v2.2 which is what I suspected. The good news is I found a book about gnucash on Amazon. The bad news is it's not a kindle version, but I'll live.

JC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
    The bad news is it's not a kindle version, but I'll live.
    Has Kindle worked out their diagram/picture rendering issues enough to make it worth purchasing such a book in Kindle format, anyways? (Please don't misinterpret--I'm asking because I don't know.)
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans
    Distro

Your concern is valid. Having both types of Kindle, I can tell you the early black & white Kindles are no good for viewing pictures. I also purchased a Kindle Fire HD recently and it is wonderous. I read my newspaper every day on my Kindle Fire. I have 2 or 3 Ubuntu manuals on it now and a subscription to Linux Journal. You would love one.

JC