Thread: restoring cookies deleted by bleachbit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

restoring cookies deleted by bleachbit

is there any way to restore the deleted cookies that has been deleted via bleachbit? its really serious! please help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: restoring cookies deleted by bleachbit

I doubt it.

But what's so serious about it?
    If you don't make backups of your important data, your data is obviously not important to you.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by tojonukokhadush View Post
    is there any way to restore the deleted cookies that has been deleted via bleachbit? its really serious! please help.
    A bit of late newbie advice--new users should never use bleachbit, just as windows users should never use registry cleaners.
    Last edited by critin; November 17th, 2012 at 03:43 PM.
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Lightbulb Re: restoring cookies deleted by bleachbit

yup bleachbit is a great program but you have to know what you are doing. if you dont read what the checked items will delete you could have some bad surpises.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

okay Wim, its a long story!

[[[i had activated login approval in my social networking site (obviously facebook); which would send the authorization code to my mobile in every login attempt! it was working fine till it suddenly stopped sending codes in my mobile and this was not a problem when i had not deleted the cookies of my browser as it would automatically recognize my pc and simply login without asking for any authorization! but as now i have deleted the cookies, i have not this last option to login my profile for after then i would have removed this login approval of my profile once and for all.

the restoration of cookies might help is the last hope!! ]]]

technically here i need to know if i can do so, restoration of cookies deleted by bleachbit?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Cookies are normally restored when visiting a site and the user saves account or page settings again.

Some web browsers allow the user to make exceptions for cookies so it is possible delete only unwanted cookies.

Many customized personal pages require cookies to be enabled while others like email accounts store settings online.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by tojonukokhadush View Post
    okay Wim, its a long story!

[[[i had activated login approval in my social networking site (obviously facebook); which would send the authorization code to my mobile in every login attempt! it was working fine till it suddenly stopped sending codes in my mobile and this was not a problem when i had not deleted the cookies of my browser as it would automatically recognize my pc and simply login without asking for any authorization! but as now i have deleted the cookies, i have not this last option to login my profile for after then i would have removed this login approval of my profile once and for all.

the restoration of cookies might help is the last hope!! ]]]

technically here i need to know if i can do so, restoration of cookies deleted by bleachbit?
    You should just be able to login again. Unless you've forgotten your password; in which case facebook has the option to reset it (e.g. by sending you a temporary one).
    If you don't make backups of your important data, your data is obviously not important to you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

yeah! thanks.