Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of tanks on ubuntu 12.04

Beans

World of tanks on ubuntu 12.04

Hey!

I am running ubuntu 12.04 dual-booted with win 7 just because of this game. I know that there are a lot of guides around explaining how to get WoT running under linux, however I just cannot get it to work.
    I have followed a few but failed miserably again and again.
    What I'm asking is if there is a kind soul around here that would be ready to write down step by step instructions on how to get WoT running under ubuntu. I must admit that there are a lot of really good guides around, but even thought I am fairly fluent in ubuntu I still get stuck following those guides. Let's just say that compiling wine is just too much if I do not have step by step instructions.

So If there is anyone willing to write down a noob-proof guide on how to get WoT running from scratch under ubuntu I belive that many would be grateful!!!!

Thank you!!!

Beans

Re: World of tanks on ubuntu 12.04

bumping out of sheer hope.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I tried with WotFlix and it worked really good. Look for this at winehq and russians WoT forum.

sorry, I posted from phone ;d

Beans

Hey!
    thx for reply!

I tried the Wotflix option but the game produced an error and couuld not start. That was over a year ago.

With the new WoT 8.1 update it is all different. Some instructions say, that u do not need to run Wotflix if WoT version over 8.0. All instructions are outdated.. My biggest problem is that even if I try following those instructions they all say I need to get the game full client. But as of the 8.1 update there is only the installer, WoT does not give me the option to download the full client and I cannot find it on any torrent sites..

So I'm stuck...

any ideas?

Beans

bumping again for more hits while hoping for a solution... at least I'm honest

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I installed using the newest wine and everything works (tutorial).. but doesn't play at well with 10/20 fps : /
    Yet another blog about Linux Games..- news, ratings, tutorials and competitions

Beans

Hey! THX for the reply, this solution did it for me! I installed the game and it plays, however I do have a sync problem, but I can probably blame wargaming for that not linux!!

THX again for the solution!

Beans

Talking Re: World of tanks on ubuntu 12.04

Quote Originally Posted by jfouclait View Post
    Hey! THX for the reply, this solution did it for me! I installed the game and it plays, however I do have a sync problem, but I can probably blame wargaming for that not linux!!

THX again for the solution!

Confirmed, much of this worked for me. installed the most recent Dx9_36, msxml3, corefonts, the win2k networking patch (cant remember the name) and already had the download for the full game w/all updates. once all the patches/overrides were installed via winetricks installed WoT via the GUI and after a short wait, it fired up. Disconnected once in the garage, hasn't since. Adjusted the graphics and am only getting about 10 less than I did on winblows. (40-45 windows)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hay! this is great, thank you. always wanted to try this game...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jfouclait View Post
    Hey!

I am running ubuntu 12.04 dual-booted with win 7 just because of this game. I know that there are a lot of guides around explaining how to get WoT running under linux, however I just cannot get it to work.
    I have followed a few but failed miserably again and again.
    What I'm asking is if there is a kind soul around here that would be ready to write down step by step instructions on how to get WoT running under ubuntu. I must admit that there are a lot of really good guides around, but even thought I am fairly fluent in ubuntu I still get stuck following those guides. Let's just say that compiling wine is just too much if I do not have step by step instructions.

So If there is anyone willing to write down a noob-proof guide on how to get WoT running from scratch under ubuntu I belive that many would be grateful!!!!

Thank you!!!
    Hello I have your complete Noob proof solution to this problem! http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....and-mac-users/

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast