Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bad quality ubuntu backgrounds

Beans

Re: Bad quality ubuntu backgrounds

the situation would be a lot better if people were allowed to post svg image on the gallery. then people could either use the svgs as desktops directly (which is possible in 6.06) or load the svg into inkscape and render the desktop to whatever resolution they want.

Beans

Your color depth may be 24 bit, and thus the image would display correctly, but if you are using a poor quality lcd (like me) then you wont be able to get all the colors, and some gradients will look crappy, and unsmooth.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I have had times where images look bad quality, but next time you boot it's all fixed, mid you that was on windows many a time ago, but maybe thats whats happening to him?
    God only knows the true extend of linux, as only he could of created it!!

Beans
    Hidden!

Listen all of you guys, Ubuntu-wallpapers are in bad quality... Why, I don't understand!

It's better in Dapper, but in Hoary it was too bad... Still why can't they just make one with good flowing gradients without the "steps"...

It looks like 16-bit but i'm in 24-bit... and it looks the same in windows @ 32bit... I doubt it's because of a low quality LCD-panel since i have a rather good one... Viewsonic VP930B

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567