Thread: PC Just Restarted!

Hybrid View

Beans

Arrow PC Just Restarted!

Hi Guys, last night i was trying to render a video and for some reason everything froze up and my computer restarted! And today when I was watching some videos online, the exact same thing happened again! Now I'm not sure if its a drive issue or a hardware issue. Does anyone have any idea? My graphics card is the ATI HD 6950 2GB, running the ubuntu's drivers. I only purchased it back in July so its still in warranty if its a hardware issue.

Many thanks, and if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: PC Just Restarted!

Since it is a new computer with warranty, I would recommend taking it back to the store,
    it won't cost you anything to check it out to see if it is a hardware issue.

Beans

Thanks for your reply. I built this PC myself. I just don't want to have to go though the hassle of not being able to use my PC for a while. Is there anyway to check to see if it is the graphics card? Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by RezPix View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I built this PC myself. I just don't want to have to go though the hassle of not being able to use my PC for a while. Is there anyway to check to see if it is the graphics card? Thanks!
    I don't blame you, i hate computer withdrawl myself, I don't use a graphics card so i'm
    sorry i can't advise on that.

Beans

It could be overheating. Monitor the CPU temp when playing video.