Thread: Ubuntu support for Netbooks

Beans

Question Ubuntu support for Netbooks

Hi, I have asked this question before but have not received an answer.

I have a netbook (Asus EeePC Seashell series 1015CX) and I wanted to put Ubuntu on it. However once I have made a Bootable USB and used the Test Mode the graphics that were present were unsatisfactory.
    I believe that my netbook has integrated graphics (I am not an expert). Windows is able to achieve 1024x600 where as Ubuntu was only able to get 800x600 - It looks messy.

So, can you please advise me which of the newer versions of Ubuntu have FULL support for my netbook? My only concern so far is the graphic card, I do not have it installed currently because I do not want to keep something that does not work properly.

I would appreciate your help very much.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu support for Netbooks

Seems this model is certified, at least for pre installed installations.

http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/.../201203-10687/

However, if you aren't happy with graphics performance in test mode, chances are it will be the similar in full install. As I understand, it would be the same drivers in both setups.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu support for Netbooks

I am using an Acer Aspire One (three years old) which has, I believe, a similar integrated graphics controller. (Currently Linux Mint Mate 13)
    The CONTROL CENTER gives a MONITORS option which allows you to see the current resolution and set the available options. Mine give 1024 x 600 but also 800 x 600 and 640 x 480.