Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did something cool

Hybrid View

Beans

Did something cool

Could be sacrilege..I installed Cairo Dock then I logged out and set it to load just that Cairo Dock + Gnome no unity. Then I downloaded and installed and tweaked Apple Mac OsX fonts, icons, themes, and wallpapers. Awesome stuff why pay for a overpriced comp. when you can do it for free.
    Last edited by Beardedturtle; November 18th, 2012 at 02:03 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Did something cool

Do you have a good screenshot?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Noodén View Post

Do you have a good screenshot?
    Here you go. safari Icon is Firefox.
    http://s1353.beta.photobucket.com/us...urtle/library/
    Last edited by Beardedturtle; November 18th, 2012 at 07:44 PM.

Beans

You can add it to the sticky Nebulous November Screenshots.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlinzzz View Post
    You can add it to the sticky Nebulous November Screenshots.
    Did it also posted a new pic, bing site, this time I wrote Hello ubuntu and highlight it to show the color is blue not orange and the cursor is black if it is over a web page.
    And one with a different background.
    Last edited by Beardedturtle; November 18th, 2012 at 09:43 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedturtle View Post
    Here you go. safari Icon is Firefox.
    http://s1353.beta.photobucket.com/us...urtle/library/
    It is very nice I'd do something similar, but feel lost without a top panel with a global menu and systray (cairo can do a systray but not how i want). Cairo-dock is the way to go i think. I don't make it do alot of fancy things, but a few things to me are must have, that only cairo-dock does. So i have the dock, and my choice of DE, KDE.
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Jakin View Post
    It is very nice I'd do something similar, but feel lost without a top panel with a global menu and systray (cairo can do a systray but not how i want). Cairo-dock is the way to go i think. I don't make it do alot of fancy things, but a few things to me are must have, that only cairo-dock does. So i have the dock, and my choice of DE, KDE.
    My problem with unity is the side launcher it gets in the way at times. I am getting used to no top bar.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedturtle View Post
    Then I downloaded and installed and tweaked Apple Mac OsX fonts, icons, themes, and wallpapers. Awesome stuff why pay for a overpriced comp. when you can do it for free.
    Why pay indeed. But really, why make your computer look like OSX when there are more attractive GTK and KDE themes? OSX doesn't have anything on us when it comes to shiny/pretty. It does, of course, when it comes to POSIX certification and hassle-free operation (generally speaking), but the looks aren't anything to write home about by today's standards. It's the most dated-looking OS shipping on PC's today.

And seriously, Ubuntu's default font blows everything else out of the water.

I am a former OSX user.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Christianson View Post
    And seriously, Ubuntu's default font blows everything else out of the water.
    I agree. I find myself really missing it, going to and from Windows (the rare times i boot into).
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Jakin View Post
    I agree. I find myself really missing it, going to and from Windows (the rare times i boot into).
    Ubuntu fonts are open source, and can be installed on Windows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast