Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 10.04

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    Since noone has mentioned this yet, I have to chip in the classical "if you don't like Unity, have you tried Xubuntu?'
    i will back this with a screen-shot or two...
    edit: and a recording
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=175
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

10.04 is so outdated, I know that it is LTS, but who cares that they provide support for old softwares that are n versions behind? (Many people worry about Adobe abandoning flash yet Adobe promises 5 year support, why? It is the same idea)

I have used 10.04 two years ago and I cannot imagine downgrading back, too many things will not work, too many features not even available and too many programs perform subpar in comparison to what we have today. If you don't like Unity use another DE or another flavour of Ubuntu. You have to upgrade anyway in next April when support runs out. Not saying that you must have the latest and greatest, but still using 10.04 is extremely conservative IMO (unless you have old hardware on which the newer releases don't work)

I personally never like the two panel design and the "classic" menus, it is so last century, but DE can always be changed.
    Last edited by monkeybrain2012; November 19th, 2012 at 08:35 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

i run 10.04.4 on my main 1.8ghz C2D 2gb RAM workstation (old I know!) as well as my server (old dell dimension 8200) which runs MythTV (3 analog tuners as TWC still transmits analog signal over the internet line), transmission-daemon and Sabnzb+. Everything is stable and just works. Why would I upgrade? I run 12.04 on a Sony Vaio laptop.

WHen I get new hardware I'll upgrade but for now everything works and that's the way it'll stay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12