Thread: Wireless issue

Beans

Wireless issue

Hi, I recently installed Ubuntu 10.4 to my netbook after many many months of it gathering dust in a cupboard! Anyway, the majority of use is fine but I have been having issues with Wireless internet.

I have an Acer Aspire ZG5, and despite 10.04 LTS stating that wireless would work straight out the box, unfortunately that was not the case. Despite my computer seeing the wireless connection, I couldn't enable it, network manager didn't seem to do anything so I was stuck.

The next time I turned it on, wireless was working fine (and still works now) but for some reason whenever I try to use a desktop application which needs an internet connection such as transmission or skype, I get about 5-10 minutes internet use and then wireless is completely unresponsive. I need to restart the wireless for it to work, but again I only get about 10 minutes use before it stops working again.

I'm a complete newbie to Linux, so please be patient and I'll do my best to answer any questions you need to know!

Thank You

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Wireless issue

Thread moved to Networking & Wireless.