Thread: Apache2 Port Binding Help

Beans

Apache2 Port Binding Help

Hey, I'm just starting to use Apache in general, and I was trying to move the host to my ip, instead of localhost(127.0.0.1). I was also looking around on the internet and tried a lot of things but it always ended in errors for apache. So, I was wondering if someone could help me switch the host ip for apache, thanks.

ahallubuntu is offline Chocolate-Covered Ubuntu Beans
    Beans

Re: Apache2 Port Binding Help

So your server with Apache2 is on your local network, right? Say it has an IP of 192.168.1.2 . So first try accessing Apache2 at http://192.168.1.2 from another computer on your network. Does that work? If not, what error do you get? Is there an error in the Apache log?

Next - are you hoping to access it externally? If so, then you will need to forward port (probably) 80 to this IP.

Otherwise - can you explain exactly what you are trying to do?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

By default, Apache listens on port 80 on all interfaces. If you cannot see the server from outside your network, you haven't forwarded port 80 correctly from your router back to the server, or your ISP doesn't allow remote connections to port 80. Since most ISPs' terms-of-service for residential users forbid running servers, blocking inbound ports 25 and 80 is a common practice.
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

What I meant though is changing it from 127.0.0.1 or localhost to my ip address so I could access it anywhere, I've googled a bit and apache just shows errors when I do what they say to do.