Thread: Need help with a Kubuntu script.

Beans

Exclamation Need help with a Kubuntu script.

Now i love Kubuntu, much prefer it over any other linux. now the internet im using is limited in its bandwidth and daily data quota. i get 350mb up/down data to use, but between the times of 2am to 7am the satallite internet allows me to have unlimited bandwidth and data up/down. but only between 2am and 7am. i know there has to be a way to make a self executing script that will tell my transmission bittorrent client to turn itself on at 2am, and shut itself off at 7am. i have a daughter, i work, im quite busy. so staying up everynight to turn it on and off really isnt beneficial. im hoping someone can help me out. im not very good with coding, so if someone helps alot of detail would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Re: Need help with a Kubuntu script.

bump

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

If youre using Kubuntu, then try sticking with the default torrent program, ktorrent. In Ktorrent, click on the Plugins icon in the top toolbar and activiate Scheduler. A new icon will pop up in the toolbar called Bandwidth Schedule. Clicking on that will bring you to the schedule interface. In the top toolbar, click New Item and set it how ever you want. It might be best to set it to stop all torrents during the day.

Hope this helps.

Beans

that helps alot, thank you very much. i had no idea ktorrent had that built into it.