Re: Ubuntu 12.10- is it really this bad?
ref the excellent 'QA team history' posted earlier:
- I have been using various Ubuntii on several machines for a while..
- recently decided to resurrect an old HP / Compaq nx9010, went for Lubuntu 12.10 due to it being on LXF166 DVD along with some other useful stuff, and Lubuntu NOT having the Unity stuff...
- All distros (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubutu) would LiveBoot OK; but first install attempts for Lubuntu (from the live boot desktop icon) were crashing with a kernel oops; fairly specific error message about NULL POINTER reference.. call stack indicated issue was related to the specific Broadcom WiFi card in the machine (earlier version live boots on other machines with BCOM WiFi had always found / proposed the correct proprietary driver..).
- figured a work-around to that..got the instal to complete and downloaded the appropriate Broadcom card drivers.. added a couple of apps like Thunderbird & Firefox.. but now see that various 'Ubuntu internal errors' are occurring; including within apport....
- is it worth posting a bug over at Launchpad .. ??
Tags for this Thread