Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lubuntu missing desktop after upgrade to 12.10

Beans

Re: lubuntu missing desktop after upgrade to 12.10

Clean install, but on completely different hardware. The installation completed normally and everything seemed well, but there were a few minor video glitches (old nVidia card) which hadn't been there before. I installed the LXDE meta to try to resolve the glitches, which did indeed disappear. There were no other obvious changes and the login session options remained the same (Lubuntu, Lubuntu Netbook and Openbox).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Clayhanger View Post
    Clean install, but on completely different hardware.
    Hmmm... The different hardware means that we don't really know. I upgraded while away from home. Will do a clean virgin install on the problem machine when I get back just to see if it's hardware based or upgrade based. This thread doesn't seem to have generated many hits, so hopefully, it doesn't affect too many users.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHook View Post
    My syslog shows:

Code:
    Nov 17 19:27:23 Computer kernel: [ 2388.541144] lxsession[3873]: segfault at 0 ip 00f0d718 sp bf93b28c error 4 in libc-2.15.so[e90000+1a3000]
    This looks like it might be related to:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...n/+bug/1091819

Beans

I also had the issue. I deleted the autostart file in .config/lxsession/Lubuntu and logged out and into lubuntu and everything was back.
    Last edited by maxpro4u; December 30th, 2012 at 10:05 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by maxpro4u View Post
    I also had the issue. I deleted the autostart file in .config/lxsession/Lubuntu and logged out and into lubuntu and everything was back.
    Awfully close to necro-threading, but not quite. Confirming that this fixes the problem. I had defined an autostart file before updating to 12.10 in ~/.config/lxsession/Lubuntu in order to autostart Conky. It seems that 12.10 changed things so that autostart apps are now invoked through .desktop entries in ~/.config/autostart

The presence of an autostart file in ~/.config/lxsession/Lubuntu will cause segfault and bork load of desktop. After deleting rogue autostart file, my desktop is also back to normal. Thanks to @maxpro4u for simple and elegant solution. Will try to mark thread "solved". Can't seem to find this option in new thread tools.

Beans

Thank you
    Deleting this autostart file also solved this "no desktop after upgrade to Lubuntu 12.10" bug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12