Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asus N56vm Fn Keys doesn't seems to work

Beans

Asus N56vm Fn Keys doesn't seems to work

Hi guys!
    I have a problem working with the Fn hotkeys on my brand new laptop Asus. I cannot change my volume, screen brightness, keyboard back light and other minor functions.
    I have tested many possible solutions, but without any sucess.
    This model of asus is brand new, but i believe that is a solution over there.
    Thank you!

I aprecciate some help!

Beans

Re: Asus N56vm Fn Keys doesn't seems to work

I think it might be something about the nvidia driver which i dont have installed because i've tried several times and nvidia-settings do not detect nvidia driver in use... I need some help over here...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Have a look at this:
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/05/b...o-linux-users/

I doubt very much that the nvidia driver have anything to do with the failure of the volume control keys. What keyboard did you specify when you installed Ubuntu?

Beans

I've tried bumblebee, but when i have it installed i dont have the nvidia-settings. Whean i dont have it installed and try to install nvidia driver manually from the official website, nvidia-settings dont recognize the driver and give some error message about the xorg.conf. I just dont know what to do about that. The keyboard leyout i selected in ubuntu installation was the standard portuguese keyboard. BTW: I have a keyboard shortcut alt+F3 that isnt working, and in previous versions of linux worked perfectly.

Beans
    Distro

Is it really a Portugese keyboard? I suggest you try setting the keyboard to English US.

Beans

Of course it is. I'm portuguese and i bought the laptop in Portugal.

Beans
    Distro

Neither of those guarantee that it's a Portugese keyboard.

Beans

Anyway, i've tried both, but nothing happened. :/ Maybe the new kernel 3.4 supports my keyboard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey diogojg!

I am planning to buy an Asus laptop with almost the same configure but being sold with a different name here in the US. Would you please tell me that apart from Nvidia settings and function keys what else isn't working ? Like sound from speakers and headphones , mic , webcam, HDMI and touchpad ? Are those working fine. I would really appreciate it.
    There are 10 types of people . One who know about binary and the other who don't know.
    Electronic Engineers : All say no to doping , but we survive on it.

www.orion-racing.com

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by adroitster View Post
    Hey diogojg!

I am planning to buy an Asus laptop with almost the same configure but being sold with a different name here in the US. Would you please tell me that apart from Nvidia settings and function keys what else isn't working ? Like sound from speakers and headphones , mic , webcam, HDMI and touchpad ? Are those working fine. I would really appreciate it.
    Hey! I'll try to be helpfull. About the graphics if You install bumblebee, which is very simple, Ubuntu will running with intel graphic card, unless you use the command 'optirun' to run an app exclusively. Sound from speakers, headphones , mic , webcam, and touch pad are working great. Except the external subwoofer that came with this laptop. I have no experience with the hdmi output. The major problem to me is fn keys, without that I don't have the backlight on keyboard.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast