Thread: Printer Problem

Threaded View

Beans

[SOLVED] Printer Problem

Hi, I have a problem in Lubuntu with a new printer a just bought. I tried to set it up and couldn't make it to work.
    Brand new, HP Deskjet 1000 Printer J110 Series.
    According to documentation on Ubuntu website, this printer is compatible, so I followed instructions on link, had to download HPLIP, latest version (hplip-3.12.10a.run) to Desktop, and then on terminal cd to Desktop, then run this command:
    'sh hplip-3.12.10a.run'
    I followed the instructions, there was a dependency problem that since I chose automatic install on terminal I was able to solve but had to choose software for Ubuntu 12.04 since 12.10 (i got Lubuntu 12.10) isn't supported, so I just typed 'y' for yes to this suggestion.
    Then a GUI software came up where I just finished install, requested restart since I had the printer plugged in through USB cable, and then finally I run command:
    'hp-setup' and though I have the software it doesn't print anything, this is what I the terminal gave:

QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
    Searching... (bus=usb, search=(None), desc=0)
    \WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /run/user/kaliman/keyring-m8clIX/pkcs11: No such file or directory
    WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /run/user/kaliman/keyring-m8clIX/pkcs11: No such file or directory

Please help, I need to get the printer to work.
    Last edited by mentisafer; November 19th, 2012 at 01:08 AM.