Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: [network] How to access LAN server

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Beans
    6

    [network] How to access LAN server

    Hi,

    In windoze, we can type in the ip address of the LAn server in the "run" box and access our data by the usual explorer interface

    How to achieve the same in ubuntu?

    TBA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Beans
    1,531

    Re: [network] How to access LAN server

    what kind of server is it- windows or linux? Has the administrator of the server given you permissions to the server?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    France
    Beans
    111
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

    Re: [network] How to access LAN server

    We need more info, you didn't even tell us which protocol you are using.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Beans
    6

    Re: [network] How to access LAN server

    Oops, my bad

    Yes, its a windows based server and I have access... not too sure about the protocol in use though...

    TBA

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: [network] How to access LAN server

    Quote Originally Posted by theblackalchemist View Post
    Oops, my bad

    Yes, its a windows based server and I have access... not too sure about the protocol in use though...

    TBA
    SMB/CIFS is the protocol and Samba is what you need to use with Ubuntu.
    -BAB1

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Spain
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: [network] How to access LAN server

    under nautilus, ctrl+L, and then write down:

    smb://ip (or name of the server)/folder or resource

    for example:

    smb://192.168.251.240/docs

    Hope this helps!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Beans
    6

    Re: [network] How to access LAN server

    Quote Originally Posted by bab1 View Post
    SMB/CIFS is the protocol and Samba is what you need to use with Ubuntu.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Tito View Post
    under nautilus, ctrl+L, and then write down:

    smb://ip (or name of the server)/folder or resource

    for example:

    smb://192.168.251.240/docs

    Hope this helps!
    Thanks mate,

    Cheers,
    TBA

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •