Thread: 12.10 Two batteries displayed

Beans

12.10 Two batteries displayed

Ubuntu is displaying that I have two batteries when I click on the battery icon in the top menu. The one that is always displayed is not a battery I have. I have to click on the icon to see my real battery. Whats going on and how do I fix this? I hope I actually get help, as I never do on here..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: 12.10 Two batteries displayed

Quote Originally Posted by LilLZ View Post
    Ubuntu is displaying that I have two batteries when I click on the battery icon in the top menu. The one that is always displayed is not a battery I have. I have to click on the icon to see my real battery. Whats going on and how do I fix this? I hope I actually get help, as I never do on here..
    Hi,
    I sometimes have the same problem in ubuntu 10.10. However, after a restart the problem goes away.

Regards,
    Abhinav

Beans

Just restarted and it didn't fix it... The level is always at 44% for the fake battery too.

Beans

I discovered that its my bluetooth mouse's battery being read as a laptop battery... any way to fix?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I discovered that its my bluetooth mouse's battery being read as a laptop battery... any way to fix?
    just took the battery of the bluetooth mouse and look what's happen.
    if both symbols gone be sad. if only one is gone - be happy. so you can see when you have to buy now batteries for your bluetooth.
    "What is the robbing of a bank compared to the FOUNDING of a bank?" Berthold Brecht

Beans

I wish I had a working battery indicator visible or available with 12.04 lTS . Did you load an additional application or was it standard with your 12.10.

Beans

It just came working with it... Also, regarding the person who said to be happy about this... It thinks its a laptop battery and sometimes reads the batteries level wrong... Once it thought it was empty and just shut down my computer..