Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Cairo Dock

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    514

    Cairo Dock

    Today I give it a try once again ... and my system FREEZE again. Why?

    Based on what I see, Cairo always minimized the opened application as a BRIGHT POINT and placed below the icon. How can I set the minimization was placed on DOCK ... as MacOS.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Athens, Alabama
    Beans
    630
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Cairo Dock

    How did you install Cairo Dock? Did you run the update for the program? Also, can you give specs for the PC you installed it upon?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    514

    Re: Cairo Dock

    Quote Originally Posted by daslinkard View Post
    How did you install Cairo Dock?
    As I remembered the guidance is in http://glx-dock.org/ww_page.php?p=ppa%20Weekly&lang=en and it said:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team/weekly
    sudo apt-get update >/dev/null
    sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
    Quote Originally Posted by daslinkard View Post
    Did you run the update for the program?
    Would you mind to show me how to run it?

    Quote Originally Posted by daslinkard View Post
    Also, can you give specs for the PC you installed it upon?
    Lappie Compaq CQ40-328TU

    I use 12.04 and run the dock in Ubuntu Classic Desktop Environment
    Is it a problem?

    Wait for your reply

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Athens, Alabama
    Beans
    630
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Cairo Dock

    I would recommend purging cairo dock and then reinstalling from the Ubuntu Software Center. I have played around with cairo dock quite a bit, installing, removing, re-installing, removing, re-re-installing....It has worked pretty flawless downloading from the Software Center.

    I would start by purging the program....
    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge cairo-dock
    After it has been removed from the system then go to your Ubuntu Software Center and search for Cairo Dock. Once you have found the program you will click install. Once the program has been installed then you can run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update cairo-dock

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    514

    Re: Cairo Dock

    SORRY ... SORRY
    Just remembered ... I install it from here http://glx-dock.org/ww_page.php?p=Fr...sitory&lang=en it said:
    sudo -v
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
    as I used Pangolin, I add the following command:
    and do an update with the following command:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install cairo-dock

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Beans
    1,825
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Cairo Dock

    Code:
    sudo -v 
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team/ppa 
    sudo apt-get update 
    sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
    This much looks fine. Cairo-dock is already in the main repositories, so adding this PPA wasn't necessary, but it probably gave you a newer version of CD. However, it is not a good idea to add that PPA and then proceed to add the source
    Code:
    deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/glxdock/repository/ubuntu precise cairo-dock
    to your sources.list file. CD's website (as you linked) recommends these as two alternative methods for installation. You shouldn't do both.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    514

    Re: Cairo Dock

    Quote Originally Posted by daslinkard View Post
    I would recommend purging cairo dock and then reinstalling from the Ubuntu Software Center. I have played around with cairo dock quite a bit, installing, removing, re-installing, removing, re-re-installing....It has worked pretty flawless downloading from the Software Center.

    I would start by purging the program....
    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge cairo-dock
    After it has been removed from the system then go to your Ubuntu Software Center and search for Cairo Dock. Once you have found the program you will click install. Once the program has been installed then you can run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update cairo-dock
    installed it from USC and update it:
    czgirb@czgirb:~$ sudo apt-get update cairo-dock
    E: The update command takes no arguments
    Any opinion?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Beans
    1,825
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Cairo Dock

    Yeah, that command should be
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install cairo-dock
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    514

    Re: Cairo Dock

    Quote Originally Posted by newb85 View Post
    Yeah, that command should be
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install cairo-dock
    The Cairo was installed through USC, right?
    Why I should:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install cairo-dock
    again?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Beans
    1,825
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Cairo Dock

    That will ensure CD is at the latest version available from the sources you have enabled.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •