Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Netflix On Ubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Netflix On Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by aleaper View Post
    Google led me to that post a long time ago. Like I said back on page 29, post #282, I have read this whole thread and nothing has worked. Possibly the one I think that might work for me is the post #283 by Saeed Alalwan which I did put user_xattr on both partitions and it still did not work. I think that I might have put user_xattr on the wrong part of the second partition but not sure. Thanks for trying though. I tried looking through google and no luck either on other websites.
    Ah, forgive me for not reading through the entire thread. You really should ask this question in a support area, and as sdowney717 suggested, mention which file system you're using. I think the xattr fix requires ext4.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sdowney717 View Post
    What type file system is on your computer?
    I use ext4.
    One is ext4 the other is ext3.

Quote Originally Posted by oldos2er View Post
    Ah, forgive me for not reading through the entire thread. You really should ask this question in a support area, and as sdowney717 suggested, mention which file system you're using. I think the xattr fix requires ext4.
    Not a problem. Thanks for showing me where I could some extra help. I just figured I would ask here first before I made a thread about it.

Beans
    Hidden!

You have 2 partitions?
    You can convert ext3 to ext4 without losing data

To enable the ext4 features on an existing ext3 filesystem, use the command:
    # tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/DEV
    WARNING: Once you run this command, the filesystem will no longer be mountable using the ext3 filesystem!
    After running this command (specifically, after setting the uninit_bg parameter), you MUST run fsck to fix up some on-disk structures that tune2fs has modified:
    # e2fsck -fDC0 /dev/DEV

https://ext4.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Ext4_Howto

Beans

I tried this with Ubuntu 10.10 and everything loaded OK, but I only get sound and no video. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

there was a recent update so check again.
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

I'm running 12.10 with Gnome-Shell fglrx version 9.0 and followed this guide, and it works, it runs, I can actually watch movies on Ubuntu. Really considering destroying Windows 8 - http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/ope...untu-1210/4019
    MBA M1 - M1 8GB 256GB - macOS Monterey
    MSI GL65 - i5-10300H 16GB 512GB GTX 1650 Windows 11
    Galaxy Book Go - Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 4GB 128GB Windows 11

Beans

Is your home directory auto-mounted? That caused me problems as you described (claim that I needed user_xattr). Switching to an account with a local home directory took care of that.

Beans

Still too choppy on a netbook with xubuntu. Even though it worked fine on windows 7. I don't really take it anywhere though and have and watch netflix mostly on my ps3 and have a nexus 7 and vita for on the go son not a really big deal.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans

It doesn't work for me, can anyone please give me some tips that I can use Netflix on my Ubuntu OS?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by slooksterpsv View Post
    I'm running 12.10 with Gnome-Shell fglrx version 9.0 and followed this guide, and it works, it runs, I can actually watch movies on Ubuntu. Really considering destroying Windows 8 - http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/ope...untu-1210/4019

do eet

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast