Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 327

Thread: Netflix On Ubuntu

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Beans
    138
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Netflix On Ubuntu

    At least this app is getting a little better with each update. I just cant wait until this is actually able to play video's in HD. It's still only playing 1 frame every half a second for me.

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Beans
    11

    Re: Netflix On Ubuntu

    Is there instructions to manual compile?

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Beans
    4

    Re: Netflix On Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by silverhaze06 View Post
    At least this app is getting a little better with each update. I just cant wait until this is actually able to play video's in HD. It's still only playing 1 frame every half a second for me.
    I'm not getting 2 fps as the above poster, but closer to 15 fps is still not good enough for watching a movie.

    Hopefully, this project will improve over time, or Netflix might actually release a Linux client at some point.

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
    Beans
    4,299
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Netflix On Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by sselt View Post
    Is there instructions to manual compile?
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ehoover/compholio;sudo apt-get update;sudo apt-get install netflix-desktop gecko-mediaplayer
    applicatsions->multimedia-> netflix desktop/search netflix desktop in the unity dash
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

  5. #265
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    INDY
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Netflix On Ubuntu

    I keep getting prompted to update silverlight from within the netflix-desktop,
    If I allow this; is it going to screw-up things or is this the way it works?

    I am very inexperienced with wine and am unsure how things are done.
    Thanks!
    Castles Made of Sand,
    Fall in the Sea,
    Eventually!

  6. #266
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
    Beans
    4,299
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Netflix On Ubuntu

    wine uses a .wine folder in the home folder, the netflix desktop probably uses a similar folder if you copy it and then let it update and it fails you can just reset it from the backup
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

  7. #267
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    INDY
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Netflix On Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    wine uses a .wine folder in the home folder, the netflix desktop probably uses a similar folder if you copy it and then let it update and it fails you can just reset it from the backup
    Sounds like a plan.
    Thanks!
    Castles Made of Sand,
    Fall in the Sea,
    Eventually!

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Beans
    11

    Re: Netflix On Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ehoover/compholio;sudo apt-get update;sudo apt-get install netflix-desktop gecko-mediaplayer
    applicatsions->multimedia-> netflix desktop/search netflix desktop in the unity dash
    Thanks, however I was looking for compile instructions.

  9. #269
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    342

    Re: Netflix On Ubuntu

    Anyone have this running on a 1st gen NVIDIA Ion and does it work? Or does the Ion not able to handle it since not HW accelled.

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vermont
    Beans
    853
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Netflix On Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by arpanaut View Post
    I keep getting prompted to update silverlight from within the netflix-desktop,
    If I allow this; is it going to screw-up things or is this the way it works?

    I am very inexperienced with wine and am unsure how things are done.
    Thanks!
    Probably a week too late, but don't update silverlight.
    Linux: You reap what you tweak.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •