Thread: Ubuntu GNOME Remix 12.10.1 Will Not Install

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Ubuntu GNOME Remix 12.10.1 Will Not Install

I have tried both the 32 & 64 bit version. They both stop at the same location.

Trying to install using DVD as installation disk. The process moves along slowly. I select install alongside 12.04 (12.04 on a different physical drive) the the installation seems to stop. I can move the installation window around, but there seems to be no progress with the installation. Attached is the final screen shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Ubuntu GNOME Remix 12.10.1 Will Not Install

This is where you create the partition, have you done that? Where it says to allocate space is where you move the slider to the partition size you want. The partition must be created before it can move on and install. Be sure the correct hdd is the one you're sizing.
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by critin View Post
    This is where you create the partition, have you done that? Where it says to allocate space is where you move the slider to the partition size you want. The partition must be created before it can move on and install. Be sure the correct hdd is the one you're sizing.
    See the attachment. That is where the install ends. I never get the opportunity to size the partition.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by feartheterrapin View Post
    See the attachment. That is where the install ends. I never get the opportunity to size the partition.
    I select install alongside 12.04 (12.04 on a different physical drive) the the installation seems to stop. I can move the installation window around,
    I did see the attachment. Are you saying the os is installed (ends) at this point? Not on any iso I've ever installed. This is the beginning stage of installing. Preparing the partition. Is the disk in the screenshot, this 120 gb, the disk with 12.04 on it? Is this the disk you refer to as 'a different physical drive' that you want to install to?

The screenshot does not show the partitions so its very difficult to know what you want to be seen with the small amount of info you give.

What do you mean by 'moving the install window around'?

Beans
    Distro

I have two HDDs and one SSD. All are SATA. One HDD and the SSD are plugged to a SATA/PCI board. 12.04 is installed on the other HDD plugged to the motherboard.

The installation gets to the point you see in the attachment and stops. I can not select a drive for installation. The drop down box for drive selection does not work. But the system is not frozen. I can put the mouse on top of the installation window and move the window around the screen.

Beans
    Distro

I see. I'm going to bump this question up to the top of the forum because I can't help you. Someone will be along. Sorry.

Beans
    Distro

If I disconnect the HDD with the OS installed, install the new OS to the SSD, then re-connect all HDDs, will I be able to manually create a GRUB so I can choose which HDD/OS to boot from?