Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

Beans

Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

Quote Originally Posted by on2mars View Post
    Chdslv:

I am not sure why you are being so negative. If you don't like. Don't use.

I have been following your comments on the eos website, and I just don't get it.
    Okay, you have accused me of negativity, and i am not ready to take it! You are giving me advice; "If you don't like. Don't use." Excellent!

You say, you've been following my comments on the Elementary OS site. Excellent!

In our Linux world, you are allowed take any application and tweak it anyway you like, but you have to tell from where you got it, am I right? You have to give the credit to whom it is deserved.

I've been giving some hints about the Wingpanel, but didn't say it outright, but I must say this now, because you accused me of negativity.

You notice my question and the answer of Shnatsel in the 1st screenshot? Well, Shnatsel is the developer.

Now, in the 2nd screenshot, you'd notice Cassidy James replying to another question.

Okay, now an experiment for you, my friend on2mars;
    Take a free partition and install eOS Luna Beta 1. Then, in the Terminal do this.
    sudo apt-get remove slingshot-launcher
    Don't worry, it'd take away few other applications, but we are looking for the result.
    What would you see, instead of the Wingpanel? Gnome 3 top panel!!!
    What would you see on the top left hand corner? "Applications."
    What would happen, when you click on that? Opens the File Manager.

In the 3rd screenshot you'd notice the Gnome-shell panel come with "Applications." Mind you, the Gnome-shell panel takes the colour of the theme, on this occasion, it is the Elementary theme.

Now, tell me, whether Shnatsel had built Wingpanel "from scratch?"

Note: whatever panel you use or not, the Slingshot launcher would appear at the same place--just below the top left hand corner.

Now, go back to my posts and look at the Slingshot with some other panels.

Have a good day!

Ch

Ps; You must remember, when you point one finger at someone, four fingers point at you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chdslv; November 29th, 2012 at 08:41 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by on2mars View Post
    Chdslv:

I am not sure why you are being so negative. If you don't like. Don't use.

I have been following your comments on the eos website, and I just don't get it.
    I will suggest issues with posts by users on other forums and sites be taken up with them there...

Quote Originally Posted by Chdslv View Post
    Now, tell me, whether Shnatsel had built Wingpanel "from scratch?"
    I see nothing in your argument that would suggest Wingpanel wasn't written from scratch... however I am not a dev and there are many things I don't understand. What I do understand is that myself and it would seem several other users are getting tired of being told in posts what we should do with our installs, as well as hearing what the devs should be doing with there distro's. Make your own and if people like what you have done they will use it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    what you like, you like, what others like, they like it's called something, hmmm now what is it, nearly have it I am thinking hard....... its coming, thats it personal choice.
    KwiiNZ, not until the credits given where/whom it deserves...

And, to tell now, won't it be a problem...?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post
    I will suggest issues with posts by users on other forums and sites be taken up with them there...
    I was accused of negativity, etc, etc, so the reply. I've asked what in asked in that website and dropped the case.

I see nothing in your argument that would suggest Wingpanel wasn't written from scratch... however I am not a dev and there are many things I don't understand. What I do understand is that myself and it would seem several other users are getting tired of being told in posts what we should do with our installs, as well as hearing what the devs should be doing with there distro's. Make your own and if people like what you have done they will use it.

I wasn't arguing with anyone, only someone accused me. I am not a geek myself, but I see what I see. And, I am not telling anyone to do as I do, upgrading or dissecting.

Anyway, I am glad about the further development of Peppermint 3, ZevenOS 5 and EasyPeasy!

Good day!

Ch

Beans

This thread has reached a point where closure is best.

Closed
    This account is not active.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567