Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chdslv View Post
    Do you want to customize Wingpanel or get rid of it?
    It is more or less obvious what Giant Speck want's to do - they even say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Speck View Post

I do not wish to sound rude, but you've developed a habit pushing your own customized version of Elementary at every available opportunity. I understand that you do not seem to enjoy Elementary as it has been presented to the public, but some of us do, or rather at least see the potential for it and wish to help it improve by reporting bugs and requesting features.
    What can you do - many people do that, it's a shame they can't just move on to something else - there are plenty of choices after all.

Perhaps it's easier to belittle other peoples efforts than to actually help.

Of course Recurring Discussion's is littered with people who thought their version was best - that then get's used by them ...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by blaede22 View Post
    That's actually a known bug and should be fixed very shortly.
    Awesome, keep up the great job. elementary is looking and working great.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Speck View Post
    I would like to customize it. I am content with having Wingpanel despite its minor flaws and bugs and do not want to uninstall it.

I do not wish to sound rude, but you've developed a habit pushing your own customized version of Elementary at every available opportunity. I understand that you do not seem to enjoy Elementary as it has been presented to the public, but some of us do, or rather at least see the potential for it and wish to help it improve by reporting bugs and requesting features.
    1) Well pal, I asked a simple question. If you don't want to get rid of the Wingpanel, then all I can say is that you can't customize that.

2) You may think you being rude, but I don't think so. I am not pushing my own customized version, but talking a bit about it. I take time going through Luna, and you might remember that the Luna devs asked exactly that--test it.

Testing doesn't mean being politically correct, and most probably they'd like critical thinking, without being negatively critical. I understand that you had not gone through the whole distro, but I had. Did it ever crossed your mind, if not for eOS devs, we won't, or I won't have a distro to test? I like their work, so I go through it. Not only that, I try my best to get them to release a final version.

I tested it all the way to Raring, using Raring related apps and Precise & Quantal related apps. I have worked it with all kinds of panels. And I know how tough this little distro is!

It is an absolute beauty!

Now, if you look back, you might notice that ZevenOS developer had released his ZevenOS 5 Beta. That is a unique distro and I didn't want it to die away. If you like, read my posts here and in his website. He and I did a little arguing, but at th end of the day, he wins! He didn't let go. He actually asked me test his distro, and I am going to do it, thoroughly.

You may also notice that another good distro - Peppermint 3 - released a "new release." I did my work there too. You can read my posts here.

I would be quite happy, if EasyPeasy would come through too.

In all cases, I informed the developer.

I have enough time these days, and I am a healer too. I had to heal a person at a distance, for him to come back with his distro. He was and is sick, so I won't mention the distro name.

Don't worry so much about the Wingpanel. I discuss things with its developer on his own site. Before writing here, I had written to him about it. And, I know why he can't make it move or autohide. You see, however you click on Slingshot, it opens at a given point on the screen.

I want eOS Luna to arrive!

Take care!

Ch

PS: one person asked a question about the Wingpanel in his installation, and I did help him. He is happy, so I am happy!

PS2; Please go through this http://elementaryos.org/journal/luna-beta-1-released and see what I write there too. I had been testing Luna, months before Beta was released from the daily builds.

PS3: Please read here too. http://www.zevenos.com/allgemein/zev...kbar-mode.html
    Last edited by Chdslv; November 24th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chdslv View Post
    1) Well pal, I asked a simple question. If you don't want to get rid of the Wingpanel, then all I can say is that you can't customize that.

2) You may think you being rude, but I don't think so. I am not pushing my own customized version, but talking a bit about it. I take time going through Luna, and you might remember that the Luna devs asked exactly that--test it.

Testing doesn't mean being politically correct, and most probably they'd like critical thinking, without being negatively critical. I understand that you had not gone through the whole distro, but I had. Did it ever crossed your mind, if not for eOS devs, we won't, or I won't have a distro to test? I like their work, so I go through it. Not only that, I try my best to get them to release a final version.

I tested it all the way to Raring, using Raring related apps and Precise & Quantal related apps. I have worked it with all kinds of panels. And I know how tough this little distro is!

It is an absolute beauty!

Now, if you look back, you might notice that ZevenOS developer had released his ZevenOS 5 Beta. That is a unique distro and I didn't want it to die away. If you like, read my posts here and in his website. He and I did a little arguing, but at th end of the day, he wins! He didn't let go. He actually asked me test his distro, and I am going to do it, thoroughly.

You may also notice that another good distro - Peppermint 3 - released a "new release." I did my work there too. You can read my posts here.

I would be quite happy, if EasyPeasy would come through too.

In all cases, I informed the developer.

I have enough time these days, and I am a healer too. I had to heal a person at a distance, for him to come back with his distro. He was and is sick, so I won't mention the distro name.

Don't worry so much about the Wingpanel. I discuss things with its developer on his own site. Before writing here, I had written to him about it. And, I know why he can't make it move or autohide. You see, however you click on Slingshot, it opens at a given point on the screen.

I want eOS Luna to arrive!

Take care!

Ch

PS: one person asked a question about the Wingpanel in his installation, and I did help him. He is happy, so I am happy!

PS2; Please go through this http://elementaryos.org/journal/luna-beta-1-released and see what I write there too. I had been testing Luna, months before Beta was released from the daily builds.

PS3: Please read here too. http://www.zevenos.com/allgemein/zev...kbar-mode.html
    what you like, you like, what others like, they like it's called something, hmmm now what is it, nearly have it I am thinking hard....... its coming, thats it personal choice.
    This account is not active.

Beans

To those, who like eOS Luna

I like it too, so I had been testing it for a long time, from a daily build download.
    When, I like a distro, I give it a hard time, checking it out and its abilities. The upcoming eOS Luna is a very snappy distro.

I have a small screen, just 900 pixels, so I wanted the Wingpanel to hide itself, wrote to the devs, etc, but no chance of getting it to hide. The other problem was/is the dock Plank, which cannot be configured, other than auto/intelli hiding.

The Wingpanel doesn't have a "window list", so the devs must think of one, and Plank had come by. To have two panels/docks is a headache for me. Then, I found how to have one panel/dock at the top or bottom, and also that could be moved to any side.

Gnome-panel, Lxpanel could be organized to do that job, and also the Gnome-shell panel too, but it stayed at the top. I took the vanilla eOS Luna beta 1 and tweaked it this way.

It'd be interesting to hear what you'd say.
    The Gnome-shell panel is installed in Luna and works with Gala and Pantheon. In that you'd notice the Slingshot launcher at the left bottom.

Good day and happy experiences!

Ch
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Threads merged.

Beans

Very impressed fast looks great like all the new stuff like the file manger

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I've just tried it on a Live CD and I think it's amazing! Especially after I customized it a little by enabling Expose on the top left hot corner, and the awesome virtual desktop switcher at the bottom right hot corner. It's really fast, and looks great. Kind of buggy, though. I installed Krita (I use this program a lot) and it didn't use the Elementary style so it was really out of place (even though Qt apps can use GTK themes). And the fact that it's not based on the newest Ubuntu kind of worries me, since new versions of many apps are probably going to be released only for the current version of Ubuntu Even the Krita that I installed was quite old. And adding the updates and backports repositories in Software Sources didn't work, probably another bug o_o

^_^

Beans

Chdslv:

I am not sure why you are being so negative. If you don't like. Don't use.

I have been following your comments on the eos website, and I just don't get it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by on2mars View Post
    Chdslv:

I am not sure why you are being so negative. If you don't like. Don't use.

I have been following your comments on the eos website, and I just don't get it.
    Well, if you don't get it, then there's nothing I can do.
    Nothing is negative, but constructive thoughts, and there is no criticism at all.

If you read my "other" comments in "other" sections of the Journal, you might notice, why the Luna Beta had been released quickly. What I want is for the eOS developers to drop th efear and release Luna. I might be succeeding in that, and you'd be happy, if and when final Luna would be released. What i am trying to tell them is that their OS is working well and can be upgraded too.

Anyway, if you read my comments in other distros, you'd notice that some of them were released, and even a developer, who had resigned on continuing his work, started again and released a brand new Beta version. I tested that and he released a corrected version, and now that version could be called even the final one.

If you have time, have a look; http://www.zevenos.com/allgemein/zev...kbar-mode.html

We might even see Peppermint 4 and EasyPeasy 3! And Final Luna too. I like all these unique distros.

Good day!

Ch

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast