Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Beans
    1

    Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

    I have a "big" problem, I cant change the window border. I have used Ubuntu Tweak and Gnome-Tweak-Tool but no luck Any idea, please?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Las Vegas, Nevada
    Beans
    743
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

    Quote Originally Posted by cuculeasa View Post
    I have a "big" problem, I cant change the window border. I have used Ubuntu Tweak and Gnome-Tweak-Tool but no luck Any idea, please?
    1. Install dconf-editor

    Code:
    sudo apt-get install dconf-tools
    2. Run dconf-editor

    3. Go to org > desktop > wm > preferences

    4. You can change the window border by changing the name of the theme next to "theme". Make sure you type the name of the theme correctly. Press ENTER after typing the theme name to apply the theme.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Beans
    58

    Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

    I've just tried eOS on a usb stick and it looks very impressive. I'm downloading 64 bit right now to try on another machine. Kudos to the team.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    57

    Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

    Quote Originally Posted by anarchticgrimm View Post
    And for the Pantheon, well, I don't believe that most people won't agree with this but I do believe that Pantheon is more useful than Gnome Shell. - Or, that's just me.

    I've only been using it 12 hours and I already agree with you.

    I love it -- really. They have hit my personal sweet spot with regard to where things are located and how they work. So although (for now) they are continuing the trend of "no easy customization" that we get with Unity and Gnome Shell, I don't mind so much since there's very little I want to change.

    I love the workspace switcher and alt-tab implementations, I love the effects in general, I love that it's so fast. I even love that there isn't much installed by default -- I know what I usually use, so installing those things just took a couple of minutes.

    My only fear now is that it will be stuck in beta1 for a year, and they'll be releasing Luna Final based on 12.04 at the same time that Ubuntu releases 13.10...

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Beans
    88

    Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

    I've been running the daily builds of this for a while and have loved it. One thing I'd like to change is the font to Ubuntu font. How would I go about doing this?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Las Vegas, Nevada
    Beans
    743
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

    Quote Originally Posted by shizz View Post
    I've been running the daily builds of this for a while and have loved it. One thing I'd like to change is the font to Ubuntu font. How would I go about doing this?
    Again, dconf-editor:

    org > gnome > desktop > interface > font-name

    To change the monospace font:

    org > gnome > desktop > interface > monospace-font-name

    To change the window manager title font:

    org > gnome > desktop > wm > preferences > titlebar-font

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Beans
    228

    Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

    I find the whole Elementary OS experience as the Wingpanel and the Gala WM, and all other applications can be changed to the usual ones; the experience stays the same way.

    Scracth to Gedit, Noise to Rhythmbox, Terminal to Gnome Terminal, Plank to Docky or other dock/panel, Geary to Thunderbird or Evolution, Lingo to Dictionary, Midori to Firefox/Chromium, Pantheon Files to Nautilus, Elementary Settings Manager to Settings Manager, etc and the "Elementary experience" stays the same way.

    Using a mixture of Ubuntu-tweak and Gnome-tweak-tool, you can change the colour of the top panel (Wingpanel). This Wingpanel is derived of Gnome-shell 3.4.1 top panel, but the Elementary devs had not given the auto hide ability. If that ability would be, the "experience" would've been superb.

    There are few things underneath, which I am not mentioning here, but those are must have applications/tweaks to arrive at the Elementary Experience.

    The base works very well, but in the minds of the devs, their own applications might not work that well, so the lateness of the Beta 1 release. If you simply take this Beat 1 release and change all the new applications to known ones, then this is the final release.

    But, I won't change the greeter, which is a beauty and the default wallpaper!

    Good day!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chdslv; November 17th, 2012 at 02:25 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    341

    Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Chdslv View Post
    I find the whole Elementary OS experience as the Wingpanel and the Gala WM, and all other applications can be changed to the usual ones; the experience stays the same way.

    Scracth to Gedit, Noise to Rhythmbox, Terminal to Gnome Terminal, Plank to Docky or other dock/panel, Geary to Thunderbird or Evolution, Lingo to Dictionary, Midori to Firefox/Chromium, Pantheon Files to Nautilus, Elementary Settings Manager to Settings Manager, etc and the "Elementary experience" stays the same way.

    Using a mixture of Ubuntu-tweak and Gnome-tweak-tool, you can change the colour of the top panel (Wingpanel). This Wingpanel is derived of Gnome-shell 3.4.1 top panel, but the Elementary devs had not given the auto hide ability. If that ability would be, the "experience" would've been superb.

    There are few things underneath, which I am not mentioning here, but those are must have applications/tweaks to arrive at the Elementary Experience.

    The base works very well, but in the minds of the devs, their own applications might not work that well, so the lateness of the Beta 1 release. If you simply take this Beat 1 release and change all the new applications to known ones, then this is the final release.

    But, I won't change the greeter, which is a beauty and the default wallpaper!

    Good day!
    You can change the default close maximize buttons to close minimize maximize using Dconf-editor in the org settings under Gala window manager. You can also apply a new theme there by typing in the name of the new installed theme and pressing "enter." The new theme should show up in eOS immediately!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Beans
    228

    Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

    Quote Originally Posted by NormanFLinux View Post
    You can change the default close maximize buttons to close minimize maximize using Dconf-editor in the org settings under Gala window manager.
    You try that and let us know, okay? Upload a screenshot with the minimize button...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    341

    Re: elementary OS Luna Beta 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Chdslv View Post
    You try that and let us know, okay? Upload a screenshot with the minimize button...
    Check out this tutorial:

    http://refugeeks.com/RefuGeeks/2012/...ntary-os-luna/


    Here is my Macbuntu Luna OS:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •