Thread: Text Colour Settings in Firefox for kde dark themes make text unreadable

Hybrid View

Beans

Text Colour Settings in Firefox for kde dark themes make text unreadable

Hi

I have a rather annoying issue where often the colour of the text in a text box in my browser is as light as the colour of the background of the text box. So for example when I google search the text is light grey and the textbox has a white background.

I have played with a number of the colour settings for the browser and the theme but I haven't been able to sort it out. Any help to sort this out would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Re: Text Colour Settings in Firefox for kde dark themes make text unreadable

Close (exit) all instances of Firefox.
    Go to your profile folder. It is here: /home/your_name/.mozilla/firefox/randomstring.default
    Look for a subfolder called chrome. If it doesn't exist, create it.
    If chrome does exist, look for a file called userContent.css. Otherwise, create an empty file with this name in chrome.
    Now open it with a text editor and paste in this code (adjusted to your taste):
    Code:
    INPUT {color: black !important; background: #aaaaaa !important }
    Save the file (as plain text) and close the editor.
    Restart Firefox. You should now have black text on a gray background.

Notes:
    chrome and userContent.css are case-sensitive and should be spelled correctly.
    The settings here will take precedence over those in the OS theme.

Beans

Thank you for your response, your suggestion solves the issue in a number of cases like search bars however the issue persists on websites like facebook. Are there any further things I can do?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Thanduel View Post
    Thank you for your response, your suggestion solves the issue in a number of cases like search bars however the issue persists on websites like facebook. Are there any further things I can do?
    I don't connect to Facebook. If there are other sites not requiring a sign-in, do mention the specific links and perhaps include small images of the troublesome areas.

Beans

Change this code
    Code:
    INPUT {color: black !important; background: #aaaaaa !important }
    to this:
    Code:
    INPUT, TEXTAREA {color: black !important; background: #aaaaaa !important }

Beans

Thank you very much that works!