Thread: Teamspeak 3 server will not start

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Exclamation Teamspeak 3 server will not start

Im not sure if I am putting this in the right place so I apologize in advance to the admins if its not. Im having a bit of an issue starting up my TS3 server. Here is what happens.
    Code:
    kevin@QsoftStudios:~/teamspeak$ sh ts3server_startscript.sh start
    ts3server.pid found, but no server running. Possibly your previously started server crashed
    Please view the logfile for details.
    Starting the TeamSpeak 3 server
    TeamSpeak 3 server started, for details please view the log file
    kevin@QsoftStudios:~/teamspeak$ Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-version.c: 230: _dl_check_map_versions: Assertion `needed != ((void *)0)' failed!
    Any ideas? Im running Ubuntu 11.10 server edition x86
    Shuttle AB48PN, WD Caviar Blue 320Gb, Pentium 4 OC to 3GHz, 2Gb corsair DDR333, Sapphire Radeon HD 4650, Acer 23" LCD monitor, Sparkle 400 Watt PSU.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Teamspeak 3 server will not start

I've never used Teamspeak, but I might be able to help with a few obvious questions, after doing an internet search for your error. Have you done a checksum of the package you used to install Teamspeak? It might be corrupt. Also, check to make sure you have all the dependencies installed.

Someone else here might be able to help you better, or you might try the Teamspeak forums.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Am Elder View Post
    I've never used Teamspeak, but I might be able to help with a few obvious questions, after doing an internet search for your error. Have you done a checksum of the package you used to install Teamspeak? It might be corrupt. Also, check to make sure you have all the dependencies installed.

Someone else here might be able to help you better, or you might try the Teamspeak forums.
    I have done both and its still not working
    Shuttle AB48PN, WD Caviar Blue 320Gb, Pentium 4 OC to 3GHz, 2Gb corsair DDR333, Sapphire Radeon HD 4650, Acer 23" LCD monitor, Sparkle 400 Watt PSU.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

why did you not intstall Teamspeak via the Ubuntu Repositories?

sudo apt-get install teamspeak-client

Beans
    Distro

Its not there, plus I have always just downloaded the tar from the website and run the sh file.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I assume you've walked through the Teamspeak with MySQL tutorial in the Teamspeak support forums? I just d/l-ed and unpacked the tar from the website and it worked right off the bat for me on 12.10 just fine.
    Last edited by Am Elder; November 15th, 2012 at 07:23 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Am Elder View Post
    I assume you've walked through the Teamspeak with MySQL tutorial in the Teamspeak support forums? I just d/l-ed and unpacked the tar from the website and it worked out of the box for me on 12.10 just fine.
    Yes I have if set up teamspeak a number of times. I dont think its a SQL error from what is outputed when I start the server.

Code:
    Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-version.c: 230: _dl_check_map_versions: Assertion `needed != ((void *)0)' failed!
    It looks like a C library issue but im not quite sure how to fix it.

Beans
    Distro

Never mind I got it working.

Beans

Re: Teamspeak 3 server

Please anybody tell me how I learn good Teamspeak 3 server. I will be a server expert . How i learn it. I am new here. Some times I fell This is not possible. I have no hues knowledge in server.
    Last edited by fuad121; December 31st, 2012 at 05:23 PM.