Thread: How do I install D-Link router to work on Ubuntu

Beans

Question How do I install D-Link router to work on Ubuntu

I have hooked everything up and the router is working fine with the modem but as soon as I try to install it on the computer through URL address the book gave me, it won't find the IP address of the computer or anything it needs to find I have been using Ubuntu for a while but still don't understand much. Any help would be nice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How do I install D-Link router to work on Ubuntu

You've plugged the router into the PC? Go to network manager remove any wired connections or set to DHCP in IPv4 settings IPv6 set to ignore. Plug in your router and check you have an address with
    Code:
    ifconfig
    in a terminal. If you do all should be well. If not set a manual address in the same range as the router i.e if the router is 192.168.0.1 set the PC to 192.168.0.2 and see if you can ping the router
    Code:
    ping 192.168.0.1
    . If you can all should be well, if not reset the router to default by pressing the hidden button and repeat the above steps.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

nother thought -> I have cable modem and when I initially installed the router, would not connect. I had to use the "clone router MAC address" option ,in the router, for my isp to accept the connection.
    just try'n to help <== BDQ

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Closed, duplicate here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2084138
    Please don't open more than one thread for each issue or question you may have.