Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wii U Launch

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wii U Launch

No RPGs at launch = no purchase.. I might get one next year when Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is released.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
    I played it at gamestop. What's the point of releasing a console that is capable of playing modern games but then giving us a controller the size of a tablet and the wii mote combo as the only options for playing these games? The only game they had was Rayman and I found myself constantly having to look down from the 40" tv in front of me to the tiny tablet in my hands. This equals fail for me. Some companies will probably figure out good controls for it but until they come out with a controller that I can play for more than half hour with then forget it. Edit they may have games like Call of Duty and Batman that look slightly better than what is already out there but, there is no way in hell i'm playing them with that piece of crap controller. If they released a better controller and continued to charge $50 instead of $60 for games for the next year until the new playstation or xbox came out i would consider it. But right now forget about it
    They have the Pro Controller, which is your standard controller. Personally, I don't see the point of it since most games are going to be developed to take advantage of the Gamepad's features. I don't know about Rayman, but have you seen videos of how ZombiU uses the Gamepad? I think that's a little more like what Nintendo dreamed up. ZombiU's use of the Gamepad is pretty darned awesome, and it shows you some of the capabilities of a new paradigm.

In the beginning, you're going to see some games that use the Gamepad in unintuitive ways. But you're going to start seeing more games that make you wonder why it took them this long to come out with something like that.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    They have the Pro Controller, which is your standard controller. Personally, I don't see the point of it since most games are going to be developed to take advantage of the Gamepad's features. I don't know about Rayman, but have you seen videos of how ZombiU uses the Gamepad? I think that's a little more like what Nintendo dreamed up. ZombiU's use of the Gamepad is pretty darned awesome, and it shows you some of the capabilities of a new paradigm.

In the beginning, you're going to see some games that use the Gamepad in unintuitive ways. But you're going to start seeing more games that make you wonder why it took them this long to come out with something like that.
    still the gamepad is too large and awkward to use even if you aren't using the touch pad. i'll have to try zombie u myself to see.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've moved to PC. Was a MASSIVE NINTENDO Fanboy but the Wii did it for me.
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

just read about the TVii feature. Sounds pretty cool.
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Well, I got my Wii U, and I can say that it doesn't disappoint. Pretty amazing stuff. And even though the Gamepad is big, it is extremely light and comfortable to hold. All of the buttons and analog sticks are just as close of a reach from your thumbs as any other gamepad. The only real difference is that your hands are a little bit farther apart, and it adds some pretty awesome features.

Seeing it in action is a thousand times better than reading about it on paper.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

so anyone tried connecting a pro controller to ubuntu to see if itd work? can't seem to figure out the bluetooth pin....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Post Re: Wii U Launch

Notwithstanding a family-business lost-time accident that derailed my entire Christmas giftlist and then some, I'm taking the Wii® U™ under advisement - it uses the existing controllers and software from my house's vintage Wii® and adds capabilities that previously required add-ons for the Wii® Remote. From a practical perspective, the Pro Controller integrates the Remote and Classic Controller in one housing; the Gamepad adds an internal display screen to the Pro Controller.

I plan on reading the documentation from Nintendo® on the Wii® U™ to see whether it uses 1000Base-T4 directly or still requires a USB host adapter (which the vintage Wii® required for 100Base-TX).
    nVIDIA® nForce® chipsets require discrete GPU's up to Pascal and appropriate nVIDIA Kernel modules.
    Most intel® ExpressSets™ and AMD® RS-Series are fully supported in open source.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

its a fun console, i own one if you have any questions. I'm just wondering if theres a way to pair the pro controller with android or pc. it has a very nice feel to it and the 80 hour battery life is no joke.

Beans

Really want to get the Wii U in the New Year. Skint right now though.

Luckily, I still have my beloved original Wii, which is getting some proper hammer over Christmas. Got a cartload of games I haven't finished yet (including the beautiful Skyward Sword), and replaying the Mario Galaxy games too, starting with the first. Just amazing, and it hasn't aged one iota.

Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy. And yes I'm old enough to know better!
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast