Thread: Disable touchpad while typing not working.

Beans

Disable touchpad while typing not working.

Hi all, I have a new System76 Gazelle running Ubuntu 12.10. Accidental input on the touchpad is out of control and has become a serious issue. The usual clicking in a different spot while typing problem occurs. Sometimes scarier things occur however like inadvertently attaching a document to an email while composing.

In System Settings > Mouse & Touchpad > Touchpad > Disable touchpad while typing is checked. Additionally, ps shows syndaemon running:

syndaemon -i 2.0 -K -R -t

However it is still easy to reproduce touchpad tapping while actively typing. Suggestions? I'm happy to mess around in the CLI if needed.

Note: This is a repost of http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2092044 I didn't realize there was a System76 forum at that time.

Beans

Re: Disable touchpad while typing not working.

I have a Bonobo Extreme with 12.10. I use Fn+F1 to disable the touchpad. Be careful not to do Fn+1 accidentally--it will set your fan to warp speed!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kingbanditjing View Post
    Hi all, I have a new System76 Gazelle running Ubuntu 12.10. Accidental input on the touchpad is out of control and has become a serious issue. The usual clicking in a different spot while typing problem occurs. Sometimes scarier things occur however like inadvertently attaching a document to an email while composing.

In System Settings > Mouse & Touchpad > Touchpad > Disable touchpad while typing is checked. Additionally, ps shows syndaemon running:

syndaemon -i 2.0 -K -R -t

However it is still easy to reproduce touchpad tapping while actively typing. Suggestions? I'm happy to mess around in the CLI if needed.

Note: This is a repost of http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2092044 I didn't realize there was a System76 forum at that time.
    I'm having the same problem on my Toshiba Satellite P845-S4200. Disable touchpad while typing is checked but not working. My function keys also don't fully work so I have no way to turn off the touchpad.
    More lock and loll.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by knaveman View Post
    I'm having the same problem on my Toshiba Satellite P845-S4200. Disable touchpad while typing is checked but not working. My function keys also don't fully work so I have no way to turn off the touchpad.
    Any update on this I'm having the same problem with my P855