Thread: 12.04.1 functionality problems

Beans

12.04.1 functionality problems

Had Mythbuntu running on 11.? (updates just recently discontinued) reasonably well; I have installed 12.04.1 and it appears to have a number of problems, viz:
    • If I do not have an internet connect running (i.e ADSL wireless router running) when the MythTV box is booted MythTV struggles to connect to the front end (same box i.e. local loopback); why?
    • The timed recording function appears to have gone AWOL; with most timed recording I tend to end up with an invalid MPG file of only several hundred bytes.

Any thought on what needs to be enabled/disabled to restore the basic 11.04 stable functionality would be welcome.
    Last edited by Addanc; November 13th, 2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Updated previous version number

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: 12.04.1 functionality problems

I think you better try to install ubuntu from scratch. download the ISO 12.04.1 LTS which is the most current. Sometimes an upgrade are not very clean and they bring you headaches later, as is the case.
    Last edited by ercherramon; November 13th, 2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: answered in Spanish this topic.

Beans

I have performed a clean install with 12.04.1.

Beans

The start-up problem where the router isn't powered appears to be an Ubuntu issue; viz if the DHCP network configuration dialogue doesn't happen the loop-back address used between back and front-ends cannot be used; presumably the network stack isn't being enabled because of the lack of configuration; the solution is to set the network IP address statically.