Thread: Ubuntu in Malay language?

Beans

Thumbs down Ubuntu in Malay language?

Hi there!
    Im come from Malaysia (somewhere a country that had 2 lands and between Indonesia, Thailand, and Popua New Genuie if there are people don't know where Malaysia is), i have been as by many of my friend about special of ubuntu. I know the new release of 12.04 is so much better, and i it also available in many languages. But, i never explore that and keep using the english US one. The question here is, are there any Ubuntu in Malay language version?..i hope it is in 12.04. I hope very much!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu in Malay language?

Open a Terminal and run the command:

Code:
    locale -a
    To see if the Malaysian locale is installed. If you do not see it run this command to see what locales ae available:

Code:
    less /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED
    If you see the Malaysian local try installing it by running the command:

Code:
    locale-gen ms_MY

You can also get some help from others in your area here:

http://www.ubuntu.com.my/
    Last edited by duanedesign; September 20th, 2012 at 06:39 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CurseThePhobia View Post
    Hi there!
    Im come from Malaysia (somewhere a country that had 2 lands and between Indonesia, Thailand, and Popua New Genuie if there are people don't know where Malaysia is), i have been as by many of my friend about special of ubuntu. I know the new release of 12.04 is so much better, and i it also available in many languages. But, i never explore that and keep using the english US one. The question here is, are there any Ubuntu in Malay language version?..i hope it is in 12.04. I hope very much!
    Yup... ada ubuntu berbahasa malaysia. tp agak kelakar sket bila translate dari english to malay... boleh pilih kat System Setting > Language ...

ps: jgn gelak sorg2 suda la ye :3

Beans

Terima kasih bro. Sudah lama saya mencari dimana ada ubuntu mengunakan bahasa Melayu. Biasalah, yang guna laptop yang saya instal ubuntu 12.04 LTS tue pun orang tua juga. Manalah mereka pandai berbahasa inggeris. Silap hari bulan, lain jadi nya nanti. hehehe.. For the other english help, thanks a lot for giving hands!

Beans

Post Re: Ubuntu in Malay language?

Hi I need to learn malay as early as possible what can i do..
    I hv got some article today about maiay but..
    that is not enough,i am shearing with you any advice about this..
    malay