Thread: My facebook account was hacked into, unauthorized login password breached

Beans
    Hidden!

My facebook account was hacked into, unauthorized login password breached

So I did not share the password.
    Facebook to its credit blocked access from someone in Baltimore MD

The file attachment process is very hard to use in the new forum!

Can anyone see this loaded from google?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Q...ookfishing.png

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: My facebook account was hacked into, unauthorized login password breached

Yes it can be seen... and in my opinion the attachment feature has become much better...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

who is that guy ?
    just change your password and use sms notification to be aware from anybody else login

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by MustafaJF View Post
    who is that guy ?
    just change your password and use sms notification to be aware from anybody else login
    +1, even though I don't know why anyone would want Facebook to know what their phone number is.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans

Hmm, what is Facebook - is it a Gimp plugin?

My Facebook security system is very simple. I don't have an account...

Beans
    Hidden!

I am a very inactive facebooker.
    So it surprised me to see the breach.
    Mostly my daughter uses her facebook account a lot and the wife wants to see baby pictures.
    Otherwise I dont log on for weeks.

Beans

I have seen a Baltimore log in with my account as well. Keep monitoring and change password when it happens. The only solution to prevent your personal information from being viewed is to not make it available in the first place. Web security is largely just a falicy. Facebook is a research tool for the C.I.A. I have wondered it the Baltimore log in is just you logging in with your own account and Facebooks tracking software incapable of actually figuring out where you are. My account usually says I log in from White River Jct. VT, when I am always in Lebanon or Hanover NH. Perhaps the tracking software gets stopped dead in its tracks at different servers your connection to Facebook is going through and your location is declared at the server?

Beans
    Distro

Yep, I got one of these from some chancer in Thailand the other day. Facebook are pretty on the ball with this stuff, they shut him/her down immediately and notified me.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by HermanAB View Post
    Hmm, what is Facebook - is it a Gimp plugin?

My Facebook security system is very simple. I don't have an account...
    Good
    you impressed me, i have a couple of time deactivated my account for many months but it was just for months
    the point is you can not delete your facebook account, anything you emit will be stored and saved even after deleting
    security dosn`t mean in facebook

Beans

Despite all of the paranoia and fearmongering that goes on, I've never come to any harm by having a facebook account. I think I'll keep using my tin foil for baking potatoes. I don't like hats. If your password has been hacked then change your passwords and stop using infected windows machines.