Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New PC Recommendations

Beans

Re: New PC Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by cozski View Post

Does this look like an equivalent, better or worse spec and as it's coming in for less than the elara.ie quote is it worth it, in anyones opinion?

Thanks for any feedback.
    It's worse than the spec I provided above and it seems pretty expensive if you ask me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hey, thanks for that... I am familiar with System 76 and did consider them but I've finally gone for a local independent vendor in ym hometown... the deal looks good and shipping costs to Ireland are low, so looking forward to getting it. I'm pretty happy to install my own OS - currently using Mint and really loving it.

Beans
    Distro

Really? I've donwgraded the 850w to a 400w which has shaded another £80 of it.... however, the no longer have the MSI motherboard originalyl quoted and have suggested an MSI 760GA-P43 FX DDR3 Motherboardwith no prive change.... any thoughts? All in now with P&P it's coming to £420 but waiting for me to say yes before they build.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    It's worse than the spec I provided above and it seems pretty expensive if you ask me.
    Really? I've donwgraded the 850w to a 400w which has shaded another £80 of it.... however, they no longer have the MSI motherboard originally quoted and have suggested an ASUS M5A78L-M USB3with no price change.... any thoughts? All in now with P&P it's coming to £420 but waiting for me to say yes before they build.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345