Thread: 12.10 graphical issues every other boot.

Beans

12.10 graphical issues every other boot.

I saw the thread in the general support area, but it reading it seemed quite over my head. I'm currently able to get Ubuntu to boot with the GUI workplaces every other time. The times it does not it gives me weird graphical artifacts. I was able to follow what was going on up until they had me run the nvidia driver for my Geforce 9300 GE. I followed what was said step by step. I blacklisted the noveau (sp?) that isn't supposed to be able to coexist with NVIDIA and still when I ran the driver, NVIDIA dectected it. It asked if they could add something to the blacklist I said yes and it still failed. It created a error log that I can't find. Anyone able to help?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: 12.10 graphical issues every other boot.

Just for research info, and the fun of exploring -- open up Additional Drivers and see if the driver is activated. While you're there, see if a noveau driver is offered. My nvidia machine runs better on the open source drivers than nvidia.
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by critin View Post
    Just for research info, and the fun of exploring -- open up Additional Drivers and see if the driver is activated. While you're there, see if a noveau driver is offered. My nvidia machine runs better on the open source drivers than nvidia.
    Additional drivers are now under Software Sources via System Settings. The tab at the right hand end.

Beans

I was able to switch to a proprietary driver using this method. Thank you.

Beans

Whether this will fix the issue I am unsure. I'll give it a few more boots before I mark this as solved.